AAI with improved support for water maps

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

Some updates from me: I just created a PR to the AAI submodule containing my work of the previous weeks. Apart from many smaller fixes and internal cleanup, I worked on the support for water maps. As you can see on the screenshots, AAI now works again on both "pure" water maps as well as as mixed land/water maps.
Btw: Thanks @Beherith - Boulder beach is really a beautiful and interesting to play map :)

I tried to check out other mods (XTA, BA 11.0) but I could not get it to run with my setup (spring 104.0.1-1482 maintenance build). Is there an overview which mods/lobbies work with what spring version?

screen00001.jpg
(268.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screen00007.jpg
(196.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
submarine
AI Developer

Re: AAI with improved support for water maps

Post by submarine »

@Abma (or other Devs):
I just merged my PR to the spring/AAI submodule. I hope this is okay.

However, the integration workflow is not really clear to me - sorry for asking again: Would the next step be to update the version of the AAI submodule in the spring/spring repo?
Is there an overview at what point which test stages (builds, test, ...) are executed?
saturnV

Post by saturnV »

I tried to check out other mods (XTA, BA 11.0) but I could not get it to run with my setup (spring 104.0.1-1482 maintenance build). Is there an overview which mods/lobbies work with what spring version?
The last time I saw an XTA autohost it was using an older spring version, maybe 96?
But the hosts are offline, it seems XTA disappeared from spring.
For BA you can check on their server what version they are using, should be 103. They use springlobby 0.267.
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

Update:

I raised another PR that brings support for BAR.

Next topics on my list:
- Improve combat unit selection
- Rework air: selection & handling of air units
- Extend combat behavior (currently only very basic selection of targets and reaction to enemy attacks)
- Improve placement radar & static defences (take terrain more properly into account)
- Better protection of commander
Ryusho

Post by Ryusho »

It's been a bit, just wondering how it's going when it comes to this, I've been getting back into Spring again myself and this was one of my favorite AI's to mess with back in the day, just to watch and see how learned, slowly, but still kinda learned.
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

Hey! I'm commenting because, well, it's so quiet here! can't have that. AAI has had very few changes; ZK's CircuitAI (I think? We call it Barbarian in BAR) seems to be the last maintained native AIs; development seems to focus more on Lua AIs now, coz that's where most of the expertise lays. Engine dev is slowly growing again in BAR, so maybe we'll get native engine dev happening again? Dunno. We can hope!
Ryusho

Post by Ryusho »

ALright then, If I can coax myself too, or find good resources for learning, I have considered trying to make my own AI for th is, ...Or if I could find with the help of some friends, maybe find a way to make a 'neural network' trained AI or something for t his to use...SInce the basic Machine learning this has, already shows it's plausable...Since it seems to learn map locations "With time" as it goes, but also, keeps a seperate file for keeping track of how well units work against other units.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

Ryusho wrote: 30 Jun 2022, 15:53 I have considered trying to make my owna 'neural network' trained AI or something for this to use...SInce the basic Machine learning this has, already shows it's plausable...Since it seems to learn map locations "With time" as it goes, but also, keeps a seperate file for keeping track of how well units work against other units.
hi Ryusho sounds good, to do this the most important thing you need is player replay data to train on. Ask for mandohost replays starting in 2018. This dataset is high quality, high skill, mostly team replay data. I can try to send them as 1 file for you if that helps. The most popular type of battle in this set is 8vs8 DeltaSiegeDry v8. You will want the replays ending 103.sdfz and not on Techno Lands as those are techa replays. You will also need the version of BA which they were played on - ask me if you need anything for your project.

Mando tried similar with mandobot ai and he made some progress on that, ask him on BA discord for the code and his ideas (hes banned from forum).

If you want your ai to focus on 1v1 there are also replays for the crown cup tournaments here:
https://www.springfightclub.com/data/tourney/replays/
Last edited by Ares on 11 Jul 2022, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Ryusho

Post by Ryusho »

Thank you for the information that should help, though I will say, Please don't get your hopes up that there will be anything made. I am interested, but I will say I'm also ADHD so...I might get where I can try and actually get something or I might end up chasing some other squirrel up a different tree depending on where my brain is at what time. But thank you very much for the information, as i know that will be useful. Also w ould be useful if someone else also wishes to try.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

Sure in that case, try and catch mando next time you see him on the server and ask him about Mandobot code. Maybe he will be online for the tournament
Ryusho

Post by Ryusho »

Weell I need to see if it's okay if I can use This as a Baseline for it, as I was visiting with a friend who understands more then I Do, and can help teach me, but he says that using this might help us figure out where to get started for a version for neural network-whatever

Return to “AI”