AI for tech annihilation.

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

MechCommand

Post by MechCommand »

I was wondering if it was possible to play againts an AI in the lastest versions of tech annihilation. Ive been trying to start a skirmish game with these AIs but they dissapear or either just freeze the game at the start.

Its a really cool concept with all those units i saw in spring lobby in that multiplayer server but im starting to have issues with my internet and i cant stay in the multiplayer for my internet is having issues.

Is there a way to get a working AI in tech annihilation?
submarine
AI Developer

Re: AI for tech annihilation.

Post by submarine »

I have never played Tech Annihilation - from the name I suspect it features a TA-like game style? If yes you could try the new version of AAI I will hopefully have ready in the next few weeks (or build it yourself from "my" fork)
MechCommand

Post by MechCommand »

Yeah it follows TA style the thing with Tech Annihilation is that there are technology levels also units can morph into better units that cant be build from factory. These Tier or tech levels are beyond Tier 3 as Experimentals that can be found in games like BA,BAR, Phoenix Annihilation and NoTA and others.
Here in Tech Annihilation there is Tier 4 and Tier 5 units. I have heard somewhere that there will be Tier 6 within the Next Update.

I always enjoyed playing Tech Annihilation but it never had An AI. so my only way to play was the Multiplayer lobby that is not very active at all.
So that is why i want an AI for this game. Due to the very wide Tech tree and variety units for each faction i understand building an AI for this game can be very difficult.

Also.... How can i do an AI myself for this game?
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

Morphing units into other units is currently not supported by AAI and would require major internal changes. It is currently not on my urgent todo list.

If the morphed units are only "nice to have" it might still be playable.

Return to “AI”