Gundam AI

Gundam AI

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

munch

Gundam AI

Post by munch »

Pulease can somebody make an AI that can cope with the Gundam mod? I guess any AI that is truly mod independent should be able to do that, but all the AIs I've tried with gundam either crash on startup, (OTAI, AAI) or just sit there and do nothing (NTAI, JCAI).

This is a really fun and totally different mod that I'd love to be able to have a quick game of when I've got a few minutes (e.g. when cooking the tea), you know so I can keep pausing the game and coming back to it... which you can't really do online! (not to mention it takes a while to get a game of gundam online). Let's rectify the situation people download gundam now!

Cheers

Munch
XigXag

Post by XigXag »

Pulease can somebody make an AI that can cope with the Gundam mod? I guess any AI that is truly mod independent should be able to do that, but all the AIs I've tried with gundam either crash on startup, (OTAI, AAI) or just sit there and do nothing (NTAI, JCAI).
I got AAI (kinda sorta) running with Gundam. Paste the following text into a new notepad file and call it "gundam annihilation 0.98b.cfg" (at least that's the version I have):
SIDES 2

START_UNITS FEDCOM ZECOM

SIDE_NAMES ARM CORE

SCOUTS 2 hovertruck luggun

MAX_UNITS 10000
MAX_SCOUTS 2
MAX_BUILDERS 15
MAX_GROUP_SIZE 16
MIN_EFFICIENCY 0.05
MAX_XROW 8
MAX_YROW 8
X_SPACE 10
Y_SPACE 10
SECTOR_SIZE 100.0
MAX_SECTOR_IMPORTANCE 6
MAX_BASE_SIZE 3
SCOUT_SPEED 95.0
MOBILE_ARTY_RANGE 1000.0
STATIONARY_ARTY_RANGE 600.0
MIN_ENERGY 18
AIR_DEFENCE 8
MAX_BUILDERS_PER_TYPE 3
MAX_METAL_COST 10000
MIN_AIR_ATTACK_COST 100
MAX_AIR_TARGETS 20
This is not optimized AT ALL but it works (a little). AAI puts up a sorta-OK effort with one faction and not much at all with the other; I forget which is which. It's something to shoot at until something better comes along.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I'm releasing another version of NTAI tonight that reads buildtrees from file, from which you can generate a gundam buildtree (a basic list of what that unit will build when it's built)
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

ok ill add that file to aais mod-list....
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

good news for you: aai 0.5 will officially support gundam annihilation :)
BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

nice :)

Do u have an idea about the release date yet? Would love to be pwned by AAI ;)
munch

Gundam thanks

Post by munch »

AF wrote:I'm releasing another version of NTAI tonight that reads buildtrees from file, from which you can generate a gundam buildtree (a basic list of what that unit will build when it's built)
submarine wrote:good news for you: aai 0.5 will officially support gundam annihilation :)
COOOL - thanks guys and to XigXag too for the fix. I'm fully intend to try it out this evening =)

Cheers

Munch
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

NTAI 0.29 XE

You'll have to create your own definitions for the buildtree first though.

Create an NTAI fodler in the mod archive and shove a laoda text files in it, formatted as shown in the examples. "repair" makes ti repair the nearest unfinished unit within a certain radius. Remember to add unitnames of scouts and attackers to attackers.txt and scouts.txt, and all unitnames inside the files are capitals, but the filenames are all lowercase.

edit:: This should work for all mods save possibly Nanoblobz and TA:K, but I havent tested that and I may be surprised
smoth

Post by smoth »

woot, I'll look at this later on AF thanks!
Veylon
AI Developer

Post by Veylon »

I'll take a look at it. OTAI shouldn't crash on a new mod. Sit there, maybe, but not crash.

Anyway, OTAI 1.09 will probably support the Gundam Mod in some way.

Update:

I've got it to mostly work. Right now, the problem is that the initial unit doesn't produce any resources, so that when it tries to build an initial factory, it just barely doesn't have enough to it, and it nanostalls indefinitely. I'm going to have to rejigger OTAI to have it build one metal and one energy maker at the beginning so that it won't do this.

Return to “AI”