RAI AI bots disappear in multiplayer when autohosting

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

msalouros

RAI AI bots disappear in multiplayer when autohosting

Post by msalouros »

Hi to all,
I have the following issue.

I mainly play Balanced Annihilation A v10.11 on Spring engine 104 using the RAI AI v0.601. Though it plays flawlessly in skirmish mode i.e. me against 3 RAI AI bots, upon hosting a game and playing with some friends over the internet, the RAI AI bots disappear instantly upon the initiation of the game. As a result, if the team allies are – ally 1 online humans against the – ally 2 RAI AI bots, we don’t get to play at all, as the bots are vanished. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Is it an engine incompatibility, or a Balances Annihilation version issue with the RAI AI?

Thank everyone in advance that will assist me.

Makis
triton
Lobby Moderator

Re: RAI AI bots disappear in multiplayer when autohosting

Post by triton »

Did you try to play with DAI or KAIK?
msalouros

Post by msalouros »

To be honest I didn't try KAIK. I did try DAI and it was working fine (I found the DAI files over the internet as they are not included in the Springlobby installer file). Though RAI seems to be a more clever AI. All in all it seems that it there is an issue with RAI and autohosting..

Do you know where can I download standalone AIs instead of using the ones included in the Springlobby installer v.0.264? Do they get updated as well?
From your experience which AI performs in the most sophisticated way? Should I choose a specific AI when I play sea map and a specific when I play land maps?

Sorry for the number of questions, though TA was my favorite game back in 1997 as a university student and I am so excited that it is still alive and kicking 20+ years later!

Regards,

Makis
Floris

Post by Floris »

Next Ba version will terminate the game if an unsupported AI is added. KAIK, DAI, Chickens, NullAI are supported.

DAI is a lua AI that is included in BA, its new and actively developed and the better one.

...welcome back :)

Return to “AI”