Connecting SkirmishAI to the current player

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

DeinFreund

Post by DeinFreund »

Now that I've spent quite some time developing a SkirmishAI, I'd be interested in expanding its usefulness as an extension of ingame widgets. What would be required to allow AIs to take control of the team one is playing in? Could this be done without too much hassle within Spring?

An alternative option I've thought of would be using Lua to interface between game and native AI. This would probably induce a lot of lag and performance issues (if even possible), besides that I would have to rewrite the entire AI interface. Thus I'd prefer to be able to use the nice interface we already have to interact with the game. I don't see translating the AI itself as a viable option as native AIs have the advantage of using both higher level and better performing languages with much more extensive standard libraries than Lua.

This would allow for much more elaborate unit automation and higher level strategy than current widgets.
abma
Spring Developer

Re: Connecting SkirmishAI to the current player

Post by abma »

DeinFreund wrote: What would be required to allow AIs to take control of the team one is playing in? Could this be done without too much hassle within Spring?

play in the same team or give the units to the ai.

not sure how well ai current ai's support that, they possible crash / ...

maybe also see:

https://springrts.com/wiki/UI_commands
/AIControl (unsynced) Creates a new instance of a Skirmish AI, to let it controll a specific team
/AIKill (unsynced) Kills the Skirmish AI controlling a specified team
/AIList (unsynced) Prints a list of all currently active Skirmish AIs
/AIReload (unsynced) Reloads the Skirmish AI controlling a specified team
DeinFreund

Re: Connecting SkirmishAI to the current player

Post by DeinFreund »

/AIControl (unsynced) Creates a new instance of a Skirmish AI, to let it controll a specific team
/AIKill (unsynced) Kills the Skirmish AI controlling a specified team
/AIList (unsynced) Prints a list of all currently active Skirmish AIs
/AIReload (unsynced) Reloads the Skirmish AI controlling a specified team
I never realized those actually work. This is exactly what I've been looking for, Thanks :D

No worries about the crashing, that's up to me to take care of.

Return to “AI”