NTai XE10.1b - Page 22

NTai XE10.1b

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Ah, got it! That sounds slightly more complicated, so I can't guarantee expert-level rules first go, but I'll give it a shot.
Lindir The Green

Post by Lindir The Green »

Yeah, the .txt files are for what YOU WANT that unit to build, and which order YOU WANT that unit to build them in.
LOrDo wrote:Can you make a version without SpringSP and Nanoblobs and all that crap with it? Cause nanoblobs sucks, and I already have springSP, why should I have to download the extra stuff?
I'm pretty sure the vanilla version doesn't have SpringSP, but the Nanoblobs adds like, maybe 4 kb to the download, and so there is no point removing it.

Unless your internet connection downloads less than 1 kb a second or something :roll:
Last edited by Lindir The Green on 05 Jun 2006, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Vanilla has the source spring SP binaries but I dont think it has nanoblobz, I may be mistaken but it aint gonna make much difference anyways.....
hollowsoul

Post by hollowsoul »

Question does NTAI bot have an obession for anyone else from attackin early on with commander ??
Btw this is shortly after its built its base abit i.e not completely crippling itself
Getting annoying now :)

Spring = linux built off svn ( gentoo ebuild )
NTAI = from svn aswell & configs

Is this normal behaviour?

edit: Appears i got NTAI 7.5 from svn
Lindir The Green

The most recent publicly available NTai tells its commander to expand and expand and expand until it DIES!!

Fortunately, this is fixed in XE8.1; now the commander expands and expands and expand and then return to base and repair/guard stuff.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

NTai in the svn is out of date you're better getting NTai from darkstars or fileuniverse instead and pasting the source over the svn copy...

XE8.1 under cheat mode continues to astound me with its sheer willpower.

http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=3434

PS :: This sint the installer and ahsnt got any data or learning files etc so you'll need to go get XE8 first
PS2:: RC6 has bene usurped by RC6A after I forgot to compile in anticrash exception handling

There's a link to ETA AI 2 + Improved Metal AI 3 and XE8.1 RC6, you'll need XE8 installed first however. I'll upload a newer copy of lindirs buildtree there so you can take a look.

XE8.1 RC6 quick changelog:

Semipredictive dgunning
cloaking
Random buildtrees (NTai might start as air, vehicles kbots etc)
new .aicheat setup (just take a look, it's insane)
Numerous itnernal changes to support extra tags and abilities...
Commanders will now reclaim other commander sisntead of blindly dgunning them or idling

ETA AI 2 changelog

Fixed error with ETA to cosntruction range
Added ETA to construction completion for unfinished buildings and units
Displays a power symbol above units that dont have the energy to fire their weapons
Last edited by AF on 11 Jun 2006, 18:13, edited 2 times in total.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewt ... 6462#86462

And a new XTA tree from lindir for XE8.1 RC6
Lindir The Green

I think you messed up both links...

edit: first one works now. Hopefully it isn't as buggy as the last rc.

edit2: No, it is in fact NOT as buggy as the last one, but I've had a few crashes. Here is an updated buildtree:

http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=3436
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Tried XE8.1 now. The AI won't do anything. Mods tested were AA 1.5 and XTAv6. I copied the dlls over the previous XE8 installation. Ingame log tells me that AI cheating was enabled and that's it. Maybe NTai just won't run here because it works fine everywhere else...
Lindir The Green

Hmm...

Well, it works for me. Did you unpack the buildtree folder and put it in TASpring\AI\ ?

That still wouldn't explain why AA doesn't work...

Well, you probably messed up in the installation somewhere; put something in the wrong place.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Yes I got your new buildtree and deleted the old XTAPE dir first etc. then put yours in the right place.
The AI files are located in .\TASpring\AI\ - the dlls are in the right place as well.

There's no more output other than AI enabled cheating and that's it. Tried it with several AIs at the same time or just one. No luck on my part. Maybe it's stuck somewhere in the exception handling routine, it didn't run before because of some errors that weren't caught in the init part. Maybe it's stuck there again.
Axel

Observations

Post by Axel »

I am using the latest version of NTAI AI and I have ovserved a few flaws:

1. (and this is the worst) The AI is trying to build anything except metal extractors, so it's dead in the water after a few minutes.

2. The AI builds a few solar collectors and a Kbot Lab then goes half the map to build the rest of the base

3. Little or no deffenses.

4. I have played with 3 NTAI in games launched from both the MP client and the SP menu. After 30 minutes or so the game has serious lag. (Posting here cause the other AI's just sit and do nothing) I have a AMD 1800+ Athlon with 256 MB RAM. When I play against "random enemies" or in PvP games, it works fine.

5. Have made a game on MP client for 6 NTAI to battle it out (I was a spectator). From those 6, 2 evolved quite nice. Unfortunately, after 20 minutes the game froze without any noticeable lag before that.

Hope this helps...
Axel

AI Ceating

Post by Axel »

How do you enable AI cheating??
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

With xta and the latest buildtree on CC:
-it loves the top left corner
-It has huge freezes into lategame
-it wastes loads of con planes in attack groups
-it suicides its comm trying to reclaim KAIs, getting shot to bits by defenses/defenders and killing them both.

With those fixed it could be able to beat KAI and other AIs otherwise...
Last edited by krogothe on 12 Jun 2006, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

this version is crashing for me: similar to above. the game starts but before the commanders appear it just stops altogether. no HDD access so it's not 'doing' anything like creating metalmaps

the interesting thing is that it's only doing it for maps that are wider than they are tall (eg green comet, moonq20) but is fine for maps with the 'other' aspect ratio (eg comet catcher remake) or square maps (eg moonq10, wideopencombat) where games happen normally
size doesn't appear to be the issue only the shape.

are units still meant to be rallying in the top left corner?
Lindir The Green

(I'm assuming this is xta)

Axel:
1. I believe this is intentional. But still bad.

2. This will happen if there aren't any metal patches nearby.

3. It builds a bunch of mt, and a few hlt and popups. Later on it will build timmys, berthas, and doomsday devices.

4. You need more RAM.

5. I'm not sure, but I think NTai is set up so that it will NOT freeze if there are 4 instances or less of it. 6 > 4.

To get the AI to cheat, type .cheat, [Enter], .aicheat, [Enter].

krogothe:
-I've also noticed the top left corner bug, talk to AF about it.
-Too many instances, or maybe a crappy computer.
-Huh? Ellaborate please, I have no idea what's happening. Are the cons trying to repair the attack force? Or are they charging into the enemy base?
-It destroys your commander and your front line. A 2 for 1 deal. Seriously though, the only other options are D-Gun and walk away.

unpossible: AF might know what's happening, I'll maybe do some testing.
Axel

Post by Axel »

Discovered another bug:

On a all metal (core prime industrial area) map it builds metal extractors and a lot of other structures (at least it's trying) but it is neglecting power structures. They all built only one solar generator or a wind power generator. It builds batteries a lot but at the rate it's building units and structures a generator is not enough.

Gonna make a 1v1 NTAI game with cheating on a all metal map to see how they handle it.
hollowsoul

Post by hollowsoul »

If anyone has managed to get NTAI 8 (or later) to compile under linux. (Driving me insane atm)
Can u Message me on how u got it to work.
Also distro u using & output from gcc-config -l aswell plz
Lindir The Green

Axel wrote:Discovered another bug:

On a all metal (core prime industrial area) map it builds metal extractors and a lot of other structures (at least it's trying) but it is neglecting power structures. They all built only one solar generator or a wind power generator. It builds batteries a lot but at the rate it's building units and structures a generator is not enough.

Gonna make a 1v1 NTAI game with cheating on a all metal map to see how they handle it.
That must not be XTA; in XTA it only builds solars for its power.

Keep in mind that there really isn't an AA buildtree. And NTai is not designed for metal maps.

Hopefully Egarwaen is working on it though.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

The lag is crazy, I went from 35% processor usage and slight stutters to a complete lockdown and 782% processor usage in what can be literally called a second.

Then again, I did have five NTai's against me...

Return to “AI”