AAI v0.3

AAI v0.3

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

submarine
AI Developer

AAI v0.3

Post by submarine »

Although i didn't get as far as i wanted, i decided it's probably better to release a new version of AAI. I mainly worked on placing defensive buildings, improving sector expansion and a lot cleaning up of the code.

I switched to Krogothe's metal spot finding algorithm (thx very much krog *g*) and extended AAI's map learing capabilities a bit.

I mainly tested on River Dale, Comet Cather and Hells Pass, AAI should work on other maps properly as well.

Due to the injury of my right hand, i was not able to implement support for air units (but aai already builds antiair defences) or water maps.

Have fun and tell me what you think about it,

greetings and good night, Alex :)

AAI v0.30:
http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=2002

Experimental test vesrion 0.32:
http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=2006

http://www.fileuniverse.com/images/AAI% ... 20wars.jpg[/url]
Last edited by submarine on 16 Dec 2005, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

Crashed after killing the 'commander' in SWTA, going to try and see if it does it again.

-e-

Didn't happen the second time, must've been something else.
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

The AI looks very decnet. Becouse it places buildings next to eachother, it looks like a human is playing. (although, why is that metal patch in the middle not taken?)

Anyway, keep it up!
[Dutch expression]en beterschap.[/Dutch expression] (meens something like I wish you healthy)
DeathHawk

Post by DeathHawk »

I dont know if there are bugs but these things u should have a look at.

For lvl one units doesnt seem to build much other then alot of AK bots and probly one rocket unit, iut sdoes build a few lvl 2 units tho which is good.

It takes awaile for the AI to start making Defences but there are well places and keeps the base well defended by air attacks.

after awile contruction vhicles and sometimes commander seize to a halt and just stop working but 1 or 2 of them keep going.

I tested it it out on Desert dunes my favourite map.

When playing AA at the start of each game a message comes up saying unit files missing or something like like so u should look into that aswell but other then that it will run fine.

Your AI is exellent so far ...Well done :-)
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

Zenka wrote:(although, why is that metal patch in the middle not taken?)
On closer inspection, you'll see that the nanolathing Kbot, is actually building a mex right near it, to take advantage of it.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

It actually looks like it knows what its doing from that screen. Keep up the good work.
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

DeathHawk wrote: For lvl one units doesnt seem to build much other then alot of AK bots and probly one rocket unit, iut sdoes build a few lvl 2 units tho which is good.
When playing AA at the start of each game a message comes up saying unit files missing or something like like so u should look into that aswell but other then that it will run fine.
at first it builds a lot of aks since they are cheap and it has not learned anything about the units... it will build other units as well, it only needs some time to learn that aks are weak

you can teach the ai directly by playing against it with stronger units or sit back and wait a little bit.

those error messages apear with other mods as well, aai reads ALL unit definitions (spring only reads the ones it actually needs) and some mods seem to contain some bad def files..
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

Charge it with a wall of Peewee's spewing death.
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

Looking good!
Hopefully the metal class hasnt fluked up yet, but let us know if it does, because i might have some cool news on it over the next few days 8)
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

It's really fun the way the AI learns sometimes. I was playing SWTA on River Dale with my as Empire and them as Alliance. It seemed to favor repulsorlift craft, which are easily put down, but still took me off guard. They just flew right over the little river and messed me up good. So the next time I switched sides, and expected the AI to favour the hover vehicles. But nooooo, it just has to use walkers and just totally own me. Oh well. ;)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

nice, however I'd have like to have seen the source..... Can i have a single AI release that doesnt have me asking for the source at least? Include it witht eh main release god dammit!
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

no source no download (I'm on linux) :evil:
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

I've made a cfg file for AATA, just had a decently long game between two AIs. Lots of crashes but many could be AATA related. :(

Oddly the german AI builds its HQ just fine, but the US does not. :| Which leads it to build a few resources and then sit there doing nothing.
mikedep333

Post by mikedep333 »

Awesome, I've been wanting an AI for SWTA.
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

for all people who are interested in TLL i uploaded a new test version which now supports tll mod. i also worked on building placement (which has not been finished yet)
DeathHawk

Post by DeathHawk »

Just a question.. as you continue using AAi in differnt battles will the AI know what to use in each battle or will it do the same thing everytime. I oppologise if this doesnt make sence
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

AAI learns what is effective vs certain units. For example, in SWTA, the empire took a liking to battle droids. After a few horrible losses on the Alliance side, the AI began to use rockets against the battle droids, and were extremely effective in pushing them back and nearly destroying the Empire's base.
Targon

Post by Targon »

Possible bug? On desert dunes with AAI playing as arm in TLL (AAI v0.30) and in River Dale using SWTA with AAI as imperial, the AI would send an attack group to an outlying enemy mex, and then camp there; all the while feeding the group reinforcements. That would be the extent of their attack.

They see an enemy structure, attack at it, and keep lumping at that area until the game crashes.
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

It's an old bug in the combat code. He's workin' on it.
sintri

Post by sintri »

Crashed - error in globalai.dll or something like that while running AA1.3 on Riverdale AAI 3.2
Last thing the log recorded was -
dsite for Kbot LabPROBLEM: no buildspace found for Lancet
PROBLEM: Couldnt find buildsite for Kbot LabPROBLEM: no buildspace found for Lancet (and another like 20 lines of this)

Return to “AI”