SoftNum

UnitDef Blank?

Post by SoftNum »

I seem to have a problem with my AI.

Code: Select all

numunit=mProc->aiCallback->GetNumUnitDefs();
	unitList = new const UnitDef*[numunit];
	mProc->aiCallback->GetUnitDefList(unitList);

sprintf_s(logmes, 100, "This Many Units Inited: %d %s", numunit, unitList[1]->humanName.c_str());
	Log->Log(logmes);

Always prints:

[Sat Dec 10 22:57:40 2005] This Many Units Inited: 285 (null)

unitList[0] does the same damn thing.

It seens that everything inside of that struct is 0 to my AI. I've looked over the AAI code, and he does things basically the same way.

Can someone help me?
SoftNum

Post by SoftNum »

I figured it out.

Don't use Debugging Symbols when you compile FTW.
Imperator

Post by Imperator »

yet another AI :)
Maybe its time to combine the best Features of each AI into one Uber-AI. Or some of you guys work together instead of bragging who has the best AI :P
Just a thought.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Imperator wrote:yet another AI :)
Maybe its time to combine the best Features of each AI into one Uber-AI. Or some of you guys work together instead of bragging who has the best AI :P
Just a thought.
No way, AI is like nerd junkyard wars. Don't even try to take the element of competition away from them, it's part of what makes it worth doing.
SoftNum

Post by SoftNum »

Plus with all the source-code floating around, it's not like we're not borrowing some of the bits. -_^

Of course, once I release I plan on giving credit where it's due, etc. :)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

NO no no no no.

NTAI is my work, and the vast majority fo ti is mine save where I've given credit. I want it to be defined as NTAI and not a variation fot eh whoel AI theme. I want it to express what i cna do and I want it to be unique, to stand out. To mrge it with other AI's would be an insult unless that AI was extremely similair to NTAI and I agreed on a merger.

Eitherway there are different methdos of doing thgisn that have yet to be eprfected but have their won merits and are incomaptible. The most prominent example would be NTAI's construction system which works in a fundamentally different way from JCAI/AAI/OTAI.
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

lol! your recon is JCAIs, attacking AAI's, you use cains metal class and soon mine! Of course your AI is a frankenstein AI like ours :wink:
Well mine isnt anymore (rewritten sub's code) but then again it cant do crap yet lol!
Asking for a uber-multi-maker-AI is like asking for microsoft and mac to merge, aint gonna happen buddy!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Not yet, JCAI's Recon code was experimented with but never used, the new recon code would work similairly at tiems but otherwise eba variant system

So far a heavily modified version of cains class and an attack system that works similair to AAI is sitting on ym HD. The version in 0.28.10 ahs code which originally was from AAI but ahs been modified heavily is present.

And those systems willc ontinue to diversify and change into what TAI should have been using tactical agents for unpredictability.

Of all the AI's OTAI is whole, and NTAI has borrowed a limb. I only borrow when I need it badly.
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

Yup, and thats what makes this community great! all our AIs are unique but they all have similar systems here or there, borrowed and adapted from other AIs, its teamworking but with competition, and this really cool situation is whats fuelling so many people into making AIs...
Ive never seen a game with so many people developing full AIs for it, whoever came up with the idea of the spring AI interface is a genius!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Well SJ released, and there was only the GroupAI itnerface, I asked for a skirmish AI extension so SJ tasked jouninkomiko with a new GlobalAI interface, btu Jouninkomiko messed up and had to go somewhere, so SJ took it up and here we are. ^_^

Return to “AI”