Requests for AI developers to consider

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

Slamoid

Post by Slamoid »

First: These are just some things to get the brainjuice warmed up. Please do not take these requests as demands nor the equivalent of "OMGDOTHISBBQPLZ!1!!eleventyone!".

There are some things that AIs on some games do, yet don't do in others. This begs the question, "Why"? So here's a little recap of what some games do, yet others don't. I'm trying to keep this simple, and who knows, maybe somthing like this will show up? :wink:

Taunting; A'la Age of Empires, Empire Earth. Advancing to an age will get a quick one-liner from an enemy, and your enemy getting the upper hand will prompt a small verbal slam. In turn, send a taunt, and the AI returns a quip right back.
Spring Applications: Destroy some resource buildings to get one of 5 randomly-selected lines. Start getting base-raped and it'll brag about how much your4n00b.

More to come later. Anyone else?
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

We're working on it, but wouldn't it be nice to have on that fights first? Actually, I'm working on a random chance of responce with mine, but... C++ is not my favorite language.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Targ collective came to me about this a few weeks ago and sicne then he's been workign on ti gettign lists of taunts and figuring it out. He didnt know C at th time so he's learning. Untill then there's an empty ctaunt class in the NTAI code for anyone else to fiddle around with.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Well some simple ones first:

When a comm blows up (either side)
"BOOM!"
"owned"
"w00t"
"fireworks!"
or similar.

When the AI's base is getting killed:
"Stop it!"
"go away!"
"grrr"
"well that just sucks..."

When the AI is killing someone:
"keep em coming!"
"n00b"
"you suck!"
"you call THAT a defence/army?"

When attacking with a super weapon (Krogoth, Nuke, ect)
"Say hello to my little friend!" (cliche, but who cares)
"Was that me?"
or just some manical laughter
BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

He, this is nice! Let every AI developer make it's own taunts, NTAI with spelling errors perhaps.. :lol:

Just kidding, but this would be fun!

PS: AF i'm not laughing at you, just making some fun, it's ok?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

It's ok, Taunts arent the top of my list at the moment, but they wouldnt be that hard to do. I'm more focused on getting the existing systems to work good, like stopping con units from stalling and improoved stability and code layout.
Veylon
AI Developer

Post by Veylon »

Hmm... I'll look at writing up a taunt class. Shouldn't be too complicated.

Return to “AI”