NTAI - Page 4

NTAI

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

Hey... Anyone know how to strip off part of a con units que? Say I give a con vehicle a, solar, solar, mex, solar, ADV plant. A second one gets, mex, mex, solar, mex. If the second one gets done before the first, and the first hasn't started the ADV plant, how can I make the second one build the plant instead?
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

Implement your own que, you'll have full control of such things.
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

That's what I'm trying to do. I wanted to know the principles of how to make it work. I just had to start over from scratch, my directory got deleted somehow. I'm going to start keeping it solely on my Jump drive.
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

Implement your command structure, and store links to it in a some sort of deque<CommandID> or deque<MyCommand*>. That is how you store your que. Everytime a unit gets finished your search for this command in the builders command queues, and remove this particular command.
sp2danny72

Post by sp2danny72 »

or implement a global wishlist, and have the con-units pick the
item at top, if they can build it. Also maby it would be nice if
a building gets wished for twice, remove the second entry from
the list, and raise the first entrys urency.
sp2danny72

Post by sp2danny72 »

and also, since you probably want to be able to insert
things in the middle, efficiency calls for list<T>
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Ahem, see how JCAI and NTAI do it, I'll be implementing a more unit task orientated system for V0.3.

And yes I did try to use the existing Central Build AI by SJ, for months I used ti and for months I toiled with the AI trying to get to build a single building or anythign at all.

Suffice to say that my AI components flourished and sparked itno life as soon as I removed dependency on SJ's groupAI, which appeared to be the root cause of all my AI problems for nearly half a year.

If SJ had never written Central build AI or I had never bothered using it then maybe NTAI or an AI like ti would have been released in june/july.
BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

As the dutch say: 'achteraf kijk je een koe in de kont'

Translation; remotely, you look up a cow's ass
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

We say that? Never heard of it actually :roll:
But anyway, you'd first have to debug the AI interface then. It was full of bugs when I started.
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

That makes sense, thanks.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Suffice to say eventually after tinkering with the build algorithm of TAI I managed to make the commander walk half way across the map and build a metal extractor so it's more likely a bug in centralbuild AI, or it's a bug in Givegrouporder, btu I'm not bothered now I have my own system.
DeathHawk

Post by DeathHawk »

ok i deceded to give this AI another try but once again it Crashed Tell me how to upload the zipfile in this forum and ill get you what you need.

This is what i did I loaded the NTAIx where the other AIs were I loaded up the Battle room Setted the mod to XTA Set the bot up run it in NTAIx loaded the game then the crashed happend as soon as the AI loads.

It be my computer or settings because JCAI runs fine[/img]
DeathHawk

Post by DeathHawk »

ok i deceded to give this AI another try but once again it Crashed Tell me how to upload the zipfile in this forum and ill get you what you need.

This is what i did I loaded the NTAIx where the other AIs were I loaded up the Battle room Setted the mod to XTA Set the bot up run it in NTAIx loaded the game then the crashed happend as soon as the AI loads.

It be my computer or settings because JCAI runs fine
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

map map map map map.

AILog.htm in C:\program files\taspring\

You werent playing on small divide, there's a selection of maps where NTAI crashes 100%, notably small divide.

Really I suggest you try NTAI.dll and SpringColours.exe, it should be more stable than the current spring.exe.

These maps have been tested by me or masse or min3mat and work:

brazillian battlefields
the pass v2
core pyramid
ashap plateau v2
Castles
Fortress
Cliffdown
Anglo saxon Starfish redux

And I havent tested many other maps,

btw
Redstar says:
have you tried an NTAI vs JCAI game yet?
Masse says:
i have
Masse says:
it crashes too soon
Redstar says:
JCAI should work with spring colours and NTAI with zaphods spring.exe
Redstar says:
damn
Redstar says:
is ti a JCAI bug or an NTAI one
Masse says:
jcai
Redstar says:
has NTAI crashed at all for you on the safe maps
Masse says:
ntai never crashes
JCAI should work with the modified spring I bundled, and NTAI witht he version zaphod released, exept zaphods version doesnt have a binary witht he new GUI nor does it have ghosts on/off or a version for 0.65b2

Return to “AI”