which AI to use with CA ?

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

iceteea

Post by iceteea »

I mean a simpley skimrish, no chicken defense!
I tried much AI's with Complete Annihilation but they either build only metal extractors and solar powerplants or absolutely nothing.
Even RAI dont work.

Help pls.
Agon

Re: which AI to use with CA ?

Post by Agon »

There is no real competitive AI for CA.
CA changes to much with each revision and uses to much Lua for gameplay to cover it with a none Lua AI. A Lua AI would also require an active developer who updates the AI with each gameplay change.

Short: Use ChickenAI provided with CA, play against humans or create your own AI for CA.

By the way, I think the continues gameplay changes are one reason why there is no AI for CA.
iceteea

Post by iceteea »

Is there any other Mod which is like CA ?
I tried BA but it is to complex for me (too many units);
also I like the graphics/particles in CA more than in BA.
Agon

Post by Agon »

No CA is unique.
You could try other games/mods, take a look here: http://springrts.com/wiki/Games
quantum

Post by quantum »

By the way, I think the continues gameplay changes are one reason why there is no AI for CA.
CA gameplay doesn't actually change that much, there has been a recent big update but the preceding one was over two years ago. CA game mechanics are pretty stable.
Kerr

Post by Kerr »

I'm writing build list etc stuff for Shard (I like calling it "Shoot Hard And Reclaim Dem! although reclaim isn't in yet or "super helpful angelic respectful dude" that one is just to tease AF.) for CA, read the post about it, my last version of the build list was included.

Working on making it better though, so the AI can actually be competitive.

but it does use bots, vehicles, and air. (even uses pylons) and does do attacks (of 15 units)

also, if you want more of a challenge, type /cheat (or is it /cheats? ) and /give 50 armwar 0 (with your mouse ove the enemy base) this will give the ai free 50 warriors.

Return to “AI”