slogic: Any way to solve this? At the current point, it's just about a match for RAI, when it should be completely owning it from playstyle.
Played 1v1 BA7.11, DSD, me ARM vs AI CORE.
- Scouts too easily intercepted. AKs also fail vs LLT in the mountains.
- - Have scouts retreat if there's no way in instead of trying to rush an LLT alone
- Static samson line + Penetrator pwns attack groups until they get tactical missiles / sumos / goliaths, then adding in stumpys and bulldogs still counters them
- - Needs better artillery use (artillery operate differently from the main army)
- - Might want to add T1 gunships to follow attack groups to vary attack forms
- - Instead of small waves of attacks, make those waves less often and use them to scout at mid game, save all the excess troops for a rush and to defend extensions
- - Attack group size needs to increase with time and attack frequency needs to decrease with time
- No fusions/moho mine despite game lasting 1 hour (I was stalling to see)
- - Perhaps get the AI to save m/e for a T2 fac if territory expansion hits maximum
- - Seizing territory is less important once the economy hits T3, so getting enough territory to get to T3 while preventing your enemy from getting T3 as fast is the goal, not simple territory acquisition (this doesn't apply quite so much in CA, where metal maker equivalents are complicated and AI-unfriendly)
- Failure to get through a line of dragon's teeth = massive clog in the mountains which dies to 1 plasma battery
- - If units fail consistently to move through an area, list it as impassable and send scouts to test if it's become passable again.
- - Check for lots of wreckage and send a con with guard to reclaim a path if there's low enemy activity
- Died to a nuke despite me taking my time (1 hour)
- - A-Nukes required
- - Base is too damn small (got wiped in one nuke), needs to branch out when it starts getting clogged
- Air scouts penetrate way too easily. As it is, T2 gunships aren't countered at all, what little T1 AA just dies; 20 bombers will kill the AI commander
- - Basic air cover needed, even just an unassisted T1 airplant on repeat fighter set to patrol is better than ground-only AA (set land at 80% + 1 air repair pad at T2 is a bonus)
- - Failing that, needs to build T2 AA at least
- Massive lag towards end game, had to pause to give orders to my units