Skirmish AI: E323AI 3.22.4 - Page 24

Skirmish AI: E323AI 3.22.4

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

bartvbl

Re: Skirmish AI: E323AI v3.14.5 - High Templar

Post by bartvbl »

@slogic: never mind. It works fine in the latest version :)
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:when trying to get this to work with SWTA 1.0, even if you give each corresponding SWTA unit the same tags as the BA equivalent, it does not function properly- I cant get it to build factories not matter how I tweak configs. where/how is the AI hardcoded to TA?
AI will build plants with KBOT or VEHICLE tags only currently & will control there is one (only one) per each techlevel during the hole game. And there is some hack for TECH3 level restricting to using KBOT plant only.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

romulous wrote:Just tried the latest bot (v3.14.5) with a friend in a lan game (with 2 AI's) and it crashes after about 5 minutes. The map was FolsomDamSpecial. I think this bot has potential. I like it. 8)

MOD: BA 7.04

The RAI ai plays on this map fine.
Attach infolog.txt next time.

PS. For me it worked fine.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

slogic wrote:
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:when trying to get this to work with SWTA 1.0, even if you give each corresponding SWTA unit the same tags as the BA equivalent, it does not function properly- I cant get it to build factories not matter how I tweak configs. where/how is the AI hardcoded to TA?
AI will build plants with KBOT or VEHICLE tags only currently & will control there is one (only one) per each techlevel during the hole game. And there is some hack for TECH3 level restricting to using KBOT plant only.
Yeah like I said, those tags are in, barracks in SWTA has the exact same tags as the kbot lab in BA, same with mex, solar, defences, units etc- but it behaves differently (wont build factories, if given a factory puts it on wait indefinately) there must be somthing else affecting behavior (it is not related to resources since they are set to the exact same as TA resources)
Error323
AI Developer

Re: Skirmish AI: E323AI v3.16.0 - High Templar

Post by Error323 »

E323AI v3.16.0 - High Templar
Changelog:
  • Graph caching, much faster loading times
  • Hoover support for BA (XTA needs new categorization - anyone?)
  • BOTA support
  • Failing more gracefully
  • Bugfixes & Cleanups
E323AI SO/DLL: E323AI-HighTemplar
E323AI SRC: E323AI@github

Special thanks to Hoijui and Koshi for their patches and Jools for his testing. And above all Slogic, who is now a fellow coder for the project :D. Note that this version is still very much beta and needs testing. As such, your feedback is most appreciated.

- Error323

P.s. This version was compiled with a new crosscompiler. Also some beta testers had problems with their windows 7 read/write rights, so be warned.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

bartvbl wrote:v3.13.1 doesn't like to team up with RAI.. For some reason it hangs for about 5-ish seconds, and this error pops up:

edit: I bet this is related to slogic's post a bit further up
This is because AI detected it had no enemies. We have to remove that assert() because game type may assume there is no enemy, in case of training, if Spring engine allows it. And mark internally that AI should not build (request) ATTACKER (with any weapon) units in such a case.

EDIT: fixed post sense
Last edited by slogic on 05 Feb 2010, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
bartvbl

Post by bartvbl »

I was playing versus RAI an E323AI, I just wanted them to team up, so I could kick ass both of them ^^

About version 3.16: the commander just stands there, it says "dead team", and it was a very boring game :P
..And I work on vista
AndiNo

Post by AndiNo »

I'm back after a while and happy about the new E323 release as I can now play fleabowl in XTA with them, too! :)
I'm not sure if the crash is known, but whenever I give a unit/building to a E323 controlled player the game crashes. This would be really useful sometimes... anyway I think it shouldn't crash no matter what :)

edit: I also noticed that in 3.16.0 when playing fleabowl (XTA) the bots stopped building mexes. They still build solar panels and kbot labs but otherwise only seem to stand around. The previous version seemed to be okay. (which is I will be using again now :) )
Oh and while they were seemingly doing nothing the game began to lag seriously (although I was only playing singleplayer).
Attachments
infolog.txt
(25.67 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
FaerieWithBoots

Post by FaerieWithBoots »

bartvbl wrote:I was playing versus RAI an E323AI, I just wanted them to team up, so I could kick ass both of them ^^

About version 3.16: the commander just stands there, it says "dead team", and it was a very boring game :P
..And I work on vista

I had the same. I solved it by replacing the configs with the ones from the previous version. Maybe it will work for you as well
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

When reporting problems attach an infolog.txt to the post (DO NOT PASTE IT) so we can inspect which map, mod, Spring version you were playing, and even if the problem is really related to E323AI.

Since 3.16.0 AI fails gracefully printing some info into chat when if it does not find any config for current mod.

If the mod got new version or is not supported (yet or never) it will create <modname+version>-config.cfg file in AI config folder. You have to tweak it & remove the line with "TEMPLATE" text. On next launch AI will create a brand new categorization file in the same config folder named <modname+version>-categorization.cfg. It is not perfect so you may want to tweak it & send here.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

now it refuses to move using the SWTA 1.0 configs at all

why does this AI fail at non-ta mods so hard? all the tags are identicial to their TA equivalents!
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

Hey ivory,

The foremost reason that it won't work with SWTA 1.0 (or any other mod that is not XTA/BA) is because I never tested that, nor have plans to do so. I have a choice within this system, create an AI that supports all mods and is moderate in every, or create an AI that works really well in a few. So I have chosen for the last option, every thing beyond is bonus :)
CerealKiller159

Post by CerealKiller159 »

Well, I have been experiencing some constant weird crashes with this latest version.

The strangest part is that I think it was working for a few games on comet catcher, but maybe that was an older version.

Anyway, I get this infolog whenever only 1 of this bot is in the game. Whenever I try with more than one, spring crashes completely (is that log of any use)

I have a few suggestions to make, but for now, I would just be happy to get it working again since not even reinstalling spring helped.
Attachments
infolog.txt
(18.86 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
scosu

Post by scosu »

nice ai, but i had problems on arch linux to use it.
The problem is the coded libboost-thread version (1.39) and the filename. On my system the current version is 1.41. So i had to create a symbolic link to my version.

Perhaps you could change it to the general path (on most systems this should be a link to the correct version): /usr/lib/libboost_thread-mt.so

But of course i don't know if there are any version dependencies.
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

Hi Scosu,

The threading is actually disabled currently, so I will remove its dependency completely anyway :). If you are using git, just fetch latest this weekend.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Error323 wrote:Hey ivory,

The foremost reason that it won't work with SWTA 1.0 (or any other mod that is not XTA/BA) is because I never tested that, nor have plans to do so. I have a choice within this system, create an AI that supports all mods and is moderate in every, or create an AI that works really well in a few. So I have chosen for the last option, every thing beyond is bonus :)
sure, but what mystifies me is that the tags for SWTA 1.0 units are Identical to the corresponding tags for BA unit

so what exactly is stopping it working exactly the same?
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

Take a good look at the logfile see if everything is parsed correctly, search for "(EE)". Or perhaps upload the logfile here so others may be able to help.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

CerealKiller159 wrote:Well, I have been experiencing some constant weird crashes with this latest version.

The strangest part is that I think it was working for a few games on comet catcher, but maybe that was an older version.

Anyway, I get this infolog whenever only 1 of this bot is in the game. Whenever I try with more than one, spring crashes completely (is that log of any use)

I have a few suggestions to make, but for now, I would just be happy to get it working again since not even reinstalling spring helped.
Check size of ...\Spring\AI\Skirmish\E323AI\3.16.0\cache\SmallDivide-graph.bin file. I think it contains zero bytes. It is known issue already fixed in master. Will be included in the next release.
CerealKiller159

Post by CerealKiller159 »

I think you are right.
SmallDivide-graph.bin
Size:3.16 MB (3,315,711 bytes)
After 7Zip, it shrinks to ~300KB

I looked at it with a hex editor, and there is large blocks of 00 bytes, some clumps of FF, and some really cool looking diagonal rows of repeating bytes!
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

No. I misspelled, sorry. I thought you have zero sized FILE. Not contents. But that size is too big. Mine is 227622 bytes for SmallDivide.

Return to “AI”