Skirmish AI: E323AI 3.22.4

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: Skirmish AI: E323AI v3.10.1 - High Templar

Post by zwzsg »

Yes, it does. So?

That doesn't tell me how to unpause the first construction.

Maybe it's some antistall algorithm kicking in? If so, is there a way to tell E323AI to not worry about resources (at all)? Or maybe it's just too confused by starting with a factory instead of a cons? Whatever it is, I have no idea how the config woud help.

Code: Select all

# Carrier
carrier,TECH1,LAND,STATIC,FACTORY,BUILDER

# assembler
assembler,LAND,MOBILE,BUILDER
Error323 wrote:The version in git
Is it different from the one in 0.80.5.2 installer? It looks I have only one file ..-categorization.cfg instead of two.
Error323
AI Developer

Re: Skirmish AI: E323AI v3.10.1 - High Templar

Post by Error323 »

Aha, ok this mod is just too different. The AI doesn't crash and the description reads its supported for BA/XTA only. I'm affraid I can't do much more for you.
Error323
AI Developer

Re: Skirmish AI: E323AI v3.13.1 - High Templar

Post by Error323 »

E323AI v3.13.1 - High Templar
Changelog:
  • Group merging
  • Generation of config files on new mod
  • Config updates in BA and XTA
  • Epic target selection
  • More defensive on close units
  • Removed state debuggin info
  • Auto vehicle/kbot selection
  • Commander walking reduced (thx for pointing out)
  • No watermaps support yet
E323AI SO/DLL: E323AI-HighTemplar
E323AI SRC: E323AI@github

Didn't find any SIGSEGV, but if you do, please state the conditions as precise as possible. Ow and its better then ever :D

- Error323
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

fantastic competitive performance now, best now since KAI@EE

the ability to config the AI to start vehicles on certain maps (ie, comet) would be very helpful.

It would perform better VS humans if it built more light defenses (atm it tends to just build the occasional medium defense (anti-swarms in BA)
for example, after building a factory regardless of resources it would be good for the AI to then make a defense. same goes for clusters of 2+ mex, etc

very impressive unit micro. if you did want to take it even further for sadistic mega micro, have it take units out groups that are on low health- 15% or less- and run them back to base to heal (obv dont do this with scouters). when healed, put them into another group. if you could have cons repair waiting damaged units, even better.

I don't think there is any point having it build multiple t1 land factories, probably do better to go t2 where it currently goes vehicles.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

Yesterday i played in company with AAI against E232AI for too long. When i killed the last (i am not sure) E232AI unit the game crashed. I used not the latest version of AI but may be it will help anyway.
Attachments
infolog.txt
(62.49 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
jeykey

Post by jeykey »

will there be a 32bit version for linux soon?
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

did not yet try this version.
yeah it would be nice if it got a big configurable, at least where that is easy to do. eg, when implementing something like the pull damaged units back for repairing.

will run latest git in gdb on windows, to try to get a stack trace for the crash on last unit death.
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:fantastic competitive performance now, best now since KAI@EE

the ability to config the AI to start vehicles on certain maps (ie, comet) would be very helpful.
Uhm, it already goes vehicle on comet? But I'll make an override in the configuration.
It would perform better VS humans if it built more light defenses (atm it tends to just build the occasional medium defense (anti-swarms in BA)
for example, after building a factory regardless of resources it would be good for the AI to then make a defense. same goes for clusters of 2+ mex, etc
So ur saying, no more higher level defense? Perhaps I should activate higher defense in state 3,4 or something.
very impressive unit micro. if you did want to take it even further for sadistic mega micro, have it take units out groups that are on low health- 15% or less- and run them back to base to heal (obv dont do this with scouters). when healed, put them into another group. if you could have cons repair waiting damaged units, even better.
Cool idea, I'll look into it.
I don't think there is any point having it build multiple t1 land factories, probably do better to go t2 where it currently goes vehicles.
It will be removed! Does this also apply for T2?
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

slogic wrote:Yesterday i played in company with AAI against E232AI for too long. When i killed the last (i am not sure) E232AI unit the game crashed. I used not the latest version of AI but may be it will help anyway.
Always usefull slogic, thanks!
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

jeykey wrote:will there be a 32bit version for linux soon?
I'll see if I can get someone to compile it :}
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

the attached archive can be extracted to AI/Skirmish/
Attachments
E323AI_0.80.5.x_Linux_32bit.zip
E323AI 3.13.1
Linux 32bit
for spring 0.80.5.x
(230.94 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
jeykey

Post by jeykey »

cool thank you :-)
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

Just knew today that Consul & Freaker of BA are mobile factories. Currently they marked like this in config:

Code: Select all

# Consul
consul,LAND,MOBILE,BUILDER,ASSISTER
There is no FACTORY tag. So, remember it.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

to clarify, unless in a chokepoint porcing situation, the only defence you really want to be building in BA is the LLT; the LLT defends against raiders just fine for very cheap (defences are impossible to concetrate sufficently to defend on an open map in ba really). to defend against anything bigger than a few units raiding, the AI has its own units to counter.

since AIs blow at chokepoint maps - and unless you have KAI style chokepoint detection, AIs are hopeless at porcing them up - its best to focus on making it play well on open maps- to this end, LLTs only (at least early/mid game).

the key there is making sure as much of its base and expansions are covered by anti radier defences (LLTs) as possbile, preventing human players raiding or microing flash/jeffy around mex. ie, each cluster of more than 1 building should have a llt.

it might be cool to make the AI choose between going air and going t2 first, but obviously do both eventually.
Achilla

Post by Achilla »

Game would crash for no apparent reason on some land maps.

Example: Hills_and_Valleys-v09

AI logs attached. Unfortunately no infolog because I started a new game after the crash on Mount Dustmore and it worked perfectly. Though, since I used latest AI and latest Spring you should be able to reproduce it eventually, if it's something wrong with the AI or the map.

EDIT: Just tried to reproduce, it didn't crash now. Doesn't make much sense to me ... could it be due to heavy early CPU load causing the game to crash randomly? I'm puzzled.

EDIT2: Is there anything in your AI which is decided randomly upon creating a new game? In that case it's a pity I didn't save that infolog.
Attachments
200911162239-Hills_and_Valleys-v09-team-1.log
(3.06 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
200911162239-Hills_and_Valleys-v09-team-0.log
(3.06 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Umrug

Post by Umrug »

Error323 wrote: Quote:

It will be removed! Does this also apply for T2?
No! No, no, no. Best case - make it configurable. Don't remove it, didn't we have already 5 pages on this?
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:to clarify, unless in a chokepoint porcing situation, the only defence you really want to be building in BA is the LLT; the LLT defends against raiders bla bla bla....
No! No. Btw you can disable all other defenses in the config, so it's not even Error's concern anymore. And anyway, no. HLTs/beamers built by AI are crazy effective.
Achilla

Post by Achilla »

Achilla wrote:Game would crash for no apparent reason on some land maps.

Example: Hills_and_Valleys-v09

AI logs attached. Unfortunately no infolog because I started a new game after the crash on Mount Dustmore and it worked perfectly. Though, since I used latest AI and latest Spring you should be able to reproduce it eventually, if it's something wrong with the AI or the map.

EDIT: Just tried to reproduce, it didn't crash now. Doesn't make much sense to me ... could it be due to heavy early CPU load causing the game to crash randomly? I'm puzzled.

EDIT2: Is there anything in your AI which is decided randomly upon creating a new game? In that case it's a pity I didn't save that infolog.
Just tested some stuff.

Your AI is perfectly fine, maps are fine as well.

What crashed the game (under BA 7.04) was 'commander gate effect', which theoretically shouldn't by anything but eye-candy. Well, it crashed the game every single time when it was ticked.

Doesn't make much sense, but heck, I'm happy ;d I found the source of the issue and can clarify it's working properly now.

And sorry for bothering, I should've checked other possibilities before writing a 'crash post' like that. Looks like the oddest sources of problems seem to be most probable ...
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Perhaps it crashes if there is no commander unit at the very start of the game (assuming that's how the gate effect works)?
Abaddon

Post by Abaddon »

1) Oftenly game crashes after one of the commanders destroyed.
log: http://pastebin.org/54353
2) Oftenly crashes without any visible reason
trace: http://pastebin.org/54362
3) Game crashes on start if count of bots is large (8-10+).
4) Bots biulds metal extractors disregards that spot is already in use (see screenshot).
Attachments
Shot00000.jpg
(93.96 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
FaerieWithBoots

Post by FaerieWithBoots »

1: for some unknown reason i get crashes a lot in the late-mid/late game with the AI now. I cant point out any reason for this :( If you want i can send the infolog, however, i dont think it is very helpfull.

2: sometimes remains of attackgroups become idle after they have eliminated a player. The group (4-8 units) will sit still and idle for a while just to suddenly wake up again after 3 minutes. (something with the new merging scripts?)

3: The AI seems to perform less with a veh start then a bot start. It won more often in the .12 version then it does now in .13 . The AI benefits a lot from the cheaper bots, it enables it to perform more raids, and make more attack groups.
But!!... if you make it spam flash (remove all tags from non flash units in the vehplant :D ) It just overruns all AIs in 3v1 hahaha (ccr) it allmost looks human ;)

4: Some ideas. Maybe they are usefull.
Is it posible to bind the probability of the construction of certain units (unit type) to a state? ie, state 1: artilery: 5% assault: 35% scouter: 60 etc. Because it often starts to build januses, stumpys or wolverines in state 0 or 1. Those have no use in BA at that stage.
Same would be usefull in the late game, you can filter out lowlevel eco buildings at higher stages, no more t1 metalmakers/solars when you have 150M/3000E.

Return to “AI”