Skirmish AI: E323AI 3.22.4 - Page 14

Skirmish AI: E323AI 3.22.4

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Skirmish AI: E323AI v3.0.0 - High Templar

Post by yuritch »

Question about state machine (config.cfg): what is the max number of states, is it limited to 6?

Another question: can the state machine config be also read from mod-specific cfg? That will make supporting non-TA mods/games easier, since they can have metal/energy values different from BA (so for ex. metalIncome of 5 which triggers state1 may be already reached with only the starting unit of a different game, making state0 not used for it at all).
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

slogic wrote:
To be safe, just don't play watermaps :)
I've rechecked the first page to make sure you've written smth about problems with water before my report. There was nothing related to water. Worth to write i think. And i don't think Tangerline is a watermap (because every part of land is connected in graph terms), but a good map for testing a land AI as yours. :)

I have to admit how fast your AI reacted (changing the path) when KAIK sent its units to enemy base leaving its base naked.
Thanks, I'm gonna take a good look at this.
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

Umrug wrote:ZOMFG it rapes, it rapes so bad!

I'm making new config for BA (half done).

Several issues:
- Defense placement is weird, it makes some little def early in the game (goood!), and almost nothing in late game (pity)
- Never went t3, even having ton of income
- log is full of
[36:33] (EE): CUnitTable::getBuildables no candidates found TECH1 | TECH2 | KBOT
(what was meant to build?)
This is now fixed, releasing soon. (Is also the reason it doesn't go T3).
- It really should invest a bit less in constructors, at least in BA. I'd say 30% less
You can make it happen through the config file
- Metal makers! Right now it has some trigger to make it build estorages. Can you make a test - if one estorage of this type is already present - make metal maker instead?
Good idea!
Features that I think are nice to see:
- Reclaim. In AI battles its inevitable that tons of m are lying around. Can it give area reclaim commands? Precision is unimportant (worst case con will get stuck because he can't pass somewhere, or will walk into enemy, who cares)
- Get cons away from danger - at least from enemy static defenses (low importance)
- Can it upgrade mexes?
- More oriented towards spammy attack - right now it clearly doesn't play well once its income in BA goes above 60-70 - one lab (+one t2 lab) is just not enough. So - can it make more labs? Preferably other kinds of labs (veh, hovers, air, more t2 labs) Just increasing number of assisters is bad for several reasons.
This is all todo indeed!! :)
I'm here all pointing out bugs and making requests, but don't get me wrong - it's a total badass rapist AI. Not less.
:D
Last edited by Error323 on 08 Nov 2009, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

FluXy wrote:Great to see it progressing :)

I tested it against KAIK but it crashed.
Can you make sure you installed the configs correctly and try other maps? Is there a case where it doesn't crash? (It really shouldn't crash :()
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

yuritch wrote:Question about state machine (config.cfg): what is the max number of states, is it limited to 6?
You can have as many states as you like.
Another question: can the state machine config be also read from mod-specific cfg? That will make supporting non-TA mods/games easier, since they can have metal/energy values different from BA (so for ex. metalIncome of 5 which triggers state1 may be already reached with only the starting unit of a different game, making state0 not used for it at all).
I'll make it happen.
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

E323AI v3.0.2 - High Templar
Changelog:
  • Defense placement now incorporates heightmap
  • Added Umrug's categorization for BA (thanks Umrug)
  • TECH 1, TECH 2, TECH 3 fixed now
  • Configuration per mod
  • No watermaps support yet
E323AI SO/DLL: E323AI-HighTemplar
E323AI SRC: E323AI@github
Last edited by Error323 on 08 Nov 2009, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
jeykey

Re: Skirmish AI: E323AI v3.0.2 - High Templar

Post by jeykey »

This error appeard in a Ba7.04 game:

[ 0] ERROR: Skirmish AI E323AI-3.0.2 not found!
The game will go on without it.
This usually indicates a problem in the used AI Interface library (-),
or the Skirmish AI library is not in the same place as its AIInfo.lua.

I put the 'E323Ai' folder in /usr/share/games/spring/AI/Skirmish .
then I could select it in springlobby.

System:
Ubuntu 9.10
spring 0.80.5.1
Last edited by jeykey on 08 Nov 2009, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

Try again, forgot to include linux *.so file.
jeykey

Post by jeykey »

thx for the quick answer... :-)
Error323 wrote:Try again, forgot to include linux *.so file.
try what? same error with 3.0.0 and 3.0.2; in 3.00 there are .so files!?
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

In 3.0.2 there is an so file. Please try that version.
jeykey

Post by jeykey »

Error323 wrote:In 3.0.2 there is an so file. Please try that version.
Sorry, but I can't find any so-file...
Attachments
so-file.png
so-file ? there isn't any so-file. Am I blind?
(138.97 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

GRMBL, github cached the old tgz file and when I upload a file with the same name it didn't overwrite it, bah.

http://cloud.github.com/downloads/Error ... emplar.tgz
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

As for pathfinding. I see you operate with groups, not a single units. I guess you should introduce new "amphibious" tag, because SEA means floating. Right? I don't know your plans, so i'm trying to guess. So, there should be at least two groups of land units: land & amphibious. For amphibious groups you can leave current pathfinding algorithm. For land groups you should consider the group max water depth value when creating a new task (which is absent currently). Hmm, very interesting :)
jeykey

Post by jeykey »

Finally there I've those so-files... but error remains... :(
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

jeykey wrote:Finally there I've those so-files... but error remains... :(
If you could give some more information I can help you. Did you copy the config files in the right place?, what does the logfile say? The directory structure must be:

Code: Select all

AI/Skirmish/E323AI/3.0.2/configs
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

slogic wrote:As for pathfinding. I see you operate with groups, not a single units. I guess you should introduce new "amphibious" tag, because SEA means floating. Right? I don't know your plans, so i'm trying to guess. So, there should be at least two groups of land units: land & amphibious. For amphibious groups you can leave current pathfinding algorithm. For land groups you should consider the group max water depth value when creating a new task (which is absent currently). Hmm, very interesting :)
The reason E323AI has a long load time is because of the graph creation algorithm. Instead of the 2 groups of land there are actually 20 different movetypes (kbots can get in places vehicles can't etc). Each group takes the movetype of the unit with the highest restrictions such that it should always find a path, however concerning water there is a bug apparently.
jeykey

Post by jeykey »

complete path is:

Code: Select all

/usr/share/games/spring/AI/Skirmish/E323AI/3.0.2/
As I said springlobby recognizes E323 and I can add it to a game, but after game start it crashes...
Error323
AI Developer

Post by Error323 »

Lets stop poluting the thread with this, I'm currently in #main as [CoW]Error323, contact me there and lets figure this out.
Achilla

Post by Achilla »

Hahaha, tried last version and it's pure fun, I say!

One 3.0.2 Arm almost beaten an alliance of 2 Core RAIs and 1 Core KaiK. Almost, because if I have changed from 'destroy all' to 'commander ends', it would win for sure as it caught RAI commander off-guard quite early (like first 15 min).

Small digression
Map was Mount Dustmore. Good map btw, balanced for solo, 2v2 and FFA ... lots of metal so the map itself exploits each and every AI which doesn't make use of all resources avaible and makes it substantially harder for 'guerilla AI' to win because almost all needed resources for t2 spam are close to base ... perhaps it would win 'destroy all' 1v3 on different map with more scarce resources, I'll have to give it a go later.

Now, onto AI again. I noticed it has two basic flaws under BA 7.04. First flaw is connected with defense - what it chooses to build and when. Late game it basically doesn't build any defenses, while early game it builds those powerful anti-air towers which are simply unnecessary (few defenders/pulverizers and one flak in centre of base is more than enough to defend from early air rush of all kinds of air forces).

Second, more important flaw in my opinion, is that it doesn't play Core competitively at tier2 bots. It doesn't build Pyros which are great, genius, magnificent (lol!) fast assault, rush units. One unit of it can burn half of entire base in matter of seconds. It doesn't build Light Mortar units either, pretty much the only fast and mobile counter to spam of t1 bots and more powerful t2 arm bots. Sumo is simply a no-go versus Fatboys. Dominators alone are too inaccurate to deal with that.

What I propose is that you introduce vehicle plant after minor tweaks to defense, because Core tanks are much more mobile than their heavier kbots, what makes them perfect, all-round solution to deal with Arm. Few Reapers and Goliath should easily dispatch any Fatboy even in difficult terrain, Sumo, the Can and the rest not so much. Funnily enough, more of a problem of functionality than of balance in this case (you can't set a fair match in kbot vs kbot situation, as it's known core Kbots are inferior in skirmish).
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

Just watched a match with E323AI vs 2 KAIKs on Mount Dustmore. Damn, you should call your AI 'Partisan AI', not 'High Templar' :P. It is best at blowing up enemy economy. Each single unit is like a nag in ass! It's exciting to watch how a single Peewee runs from tons of KAIKs units & they follow him like a trail.

Metal reclaiming, introducing defensive groups of units (to react when enemy attacked builders or factory) & continuous building of stationary defenses would increase its power a lot! :D And then we could watch an epic battle where E323AI beats 2 KAIKs!

Return to “AI”