GlobalAI Helper thoughts and other...

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

alik83

Post by alik83 »

Just requesting use of globalAI for helper functionality with ability to use it online (maybe a gui button "Load helper" which calls CreateAI()). I wonder what would happen now if you'd run GlobalAIScript and switched to other team...
Also GlobalAI helper should be able to detect whether a user gave an order que to some unit and maybe not bother it until it finishes.

User should also be able to remove control of helper permanently from a unit/group of units (like when planing a special attack). So maybe GlobalAI can remove selected units from myUnits set and not bother them in any of it's functions.
Then again a function to acess markers information.

And last request not related to GlobalAI which I already wrote about some time ago:
It would be extremely usefull to implement a feature that when a group moves (and you press CTRL key for example) the group will move close together like tied with rubber bands, preserving max distance between units (like formations in TA:Kingdoms). Moving with the same speed would also be quite good.
So for ex. if AI sends a group in attack, the group wouldn't strech into long line.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I think what you're asking for is for groupAI to be able to use and change the GUI. GlobalAI is for skirmish and was made just for that.
alik83

Not really

Post by alik83 »

Actually no, because you need your helper to acess functions such as UnitCreated() to autoadd units, UnitEnteredRadar, GetChatMsg which are currently implemented in GlobalAIHandler.cpp which is for GlobalAI.

I wonder if you can include GlobalAIHandler for groupAI but probably not.
And surely some additions to the GUI for helper would be quite needed too.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Those should be aded to GroupAI then, eitherway global AI is the domain of skirmish AI and couldnt be used as a helper.
SJ

Post by SJ »

The global AI interface is supposed to be able to work as a helper for the player some time into the future but for now I think its more important to get some single player AIs working.

Return to “AI”