Pluggable skirmish AI

Pluggable skirmish AI

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Pluggable skirmish AI

Post by jcnossen »

Since I've seen a few people say that they want to make a global AI (I'm one of them), I was wondering, are there any plans to make the global/skirmish AI loaded from a dll? This will make distributing the AIs easier, as you don't have to include spring.exe
Such a system could even allow different AI's playing against each other on the same engine.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

AI's are already in dll form.
The global AI code theoretically allows for ai to fight each other.

Please read some of the other posts. Its not like theres many in this particular forum, and some even have helpful titles.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Speaking of which, I wonder whether it would be possible to use the spawn AI to spawn units for two non player sides, and have player as watcher (or just have them hide their comm), so that you can choreograph massive battles between AI's.

At the very least it would be good for balancing testing purposes.
(ie: do 10 of this unit defeat 1 of this unit based on costs, etc)
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

Global AI's aren't even made yet, you're talking about Group AIs, I'm talking about global AI's.
Please read some of the other posts. Its not like theres many in this particular forum, and some even have helpful titles.
I have read most of the other posts in this forum before I posted here. By coincidence I have skipped over the few posts in the interface thread that indicated DLLs.
[/quote]
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Ah well nto every AI thread is int he AI forum. Will someone get round to moving the 4 TAI threads and the 2/3 AI threads Triaxx started along with that skirmishment thread. They're all in general discussion if you wanna find thm.
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

Just two of them. But you're right, we need an admin, or mod, or something like that. Maybe we could swear some?
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Zaphod wrote:
Global AI's aren't even made yet, you're talking about Group AIs, I'm talking about global AI's.
[/quote]

The global AI is just a modification of the group AI, it will be in dll form.

Return to “AI”