Triaxx2's AI (split from: Neutral Units) - Page 3

Triaxx2's AI (split from: Neutral Units)

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: Triaxx2's AI (split from: Neutral Units)

Post by zwzsg »

Btw, I kept my version 0.60b1 in some corner of my hard drive, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

They're still downloadable too:

http://spring.clan-sy.com/dl/taspring_0.60b1.exe
http://spring.clan-sy.com/dl/taspring_0.60b1_src.zip

For anyone else interested in writing an AI for 0.60b1 :P
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

It's interesting to see that the source has doubled in size.

Anyway, last time around, I was using the test script to run the AI. It's a bit of a round about, but then I didn't have to completely recompile the engine and all everytime I went to test.

Don't worry, I don't blame you, I'd be pretty skeptical from your end as well.
Jonanin

Post by Jonanin »

Looks like someones discovered the hidden this->callback->GetAICallback()->Win() function.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Actually the source is exactly the same size as it was on 29 July 2005, the time it was released.

Seriously, just give your attention whoring up; face it, you don't have an AI and you'll never get one either with this stupidness.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Tobi, you realize that delivering smackdowns from On High causes earthquakes and tsunamis in various parts of the Spring universe- being a god has its problems ;)

Seriously, Triaxx2, I don't care one way or another if you have something going on. If you get it working, great, if not, meh, people who serve up vaporware are just another form of speed bump on the Information Superhighway... it's better to deliver stuff than pontificate about it, though, which is why I'm usually silent about what I'm actually doing, Until Its Done :-)
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

Tobi: I guess it's my fault for not explaining myself. The source code for Spring has more than doubled in size from version 0.60, to 0.76.

Does it make sense now?

Argh: Yes, I know what you mean, I should have made sure I had all my ducks in a row first.
Jonanin

Post by Jonanin »

Explain how you can't take a screenshot than, the fact that it "grinds the process to a hault" is OBVIOUSLY pure B.S.

Or at least show source? Everything here for the most part is open source, why can't your AI be? There are plenty of ways to show good proof that your AI actually exists, yet you continue to make up lame excuses why you can't show said proof.

Let's see it, or admit you really don't have anything.
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

I'm not afraid to admit I don't have anything currently. I have to rebuild mostly from scratch. The good news, the commander is building. The bad news, he keeps building Solar's where he should be putting mexxes. :lol:

I'm open source, I just don't feel like letting my source hang out. I'm not making any excuses for my source, other than I jolly well don't want to.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Triaxx2 wrote:I'm not afraid to admit I don't have anything currently. I have to rebuild mostly from scratch. The good news, the commander is building. The bad news, he keeps building Solar's where he should be putting mexxes. :lol:

I'm open source, I just don't feel like letting my source hang out. I'm not making any excuses for my source, other than I jolly well don't want to.
coincidental that you suddenly had to rebuild from scratch when people started asking yuou about your ai
Jonanin

Post by Jonanin »

Building solars where the mexxes should be? LOL. If you know anything about the AI you'd know that's a pretty hard mistake to make.

Quit your excuses.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Code: Select all

if(ud->type == string("MetalExtractor"){
    // its a mex
}
where ud is a UnitDef* variable

I do not think it is fair to criticize triaxx any further. This is the AI forum not a circus and we should retain some modicum of respect.
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

:oops: My coding is to blame. I didn't close the placement subroutine properly in the file, and it was putting the down in the wrong order.

I did say mostly from scratch, it's mainly re-writing for performance with the new version. Plus it's always good to start fresh once in a while. That way you can clean up the various patching work you've done.
Jonanin

Post by Jonanin »

Ah, yeah. That happens all the time.
One time I didn't close my unit building subroutine and the AI tried move the factories since it got mixed up with my unit moving subroutine.

Question, though: Are you using float3 or float2 datatype to keep track of unit positions?
aegis

Post by aegis »

when you pop the build items from the build stack, do you step the endorphin int?
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

aegis wrote:when you pop the build items from the build stack, do you step the endorphin int?
Only when the build queue was modified from porc()
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Never use the porc() method, in fact best to leave the base class alone completely, instead treat the whole map as your base and use map.flush(enemies) or even boi.run()
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

Jonanin: Without checking my notes, I believe Float3 is to keep track of mobiles, float 2 keeps track of statics.

aegis: No, but as a project is removed from the build que, the idle counter drops one. When it hits zero, the AI issues new orders. That way it doesn't have to check each time a unit finishes something. At least it's supposed to. An excerpt from the code, unfinished because I haven't written the subroutine it calls yet.

Code: Select all

if buildfinished;
int IC=a-1;
int a=IC;
if a=0 then 'idlesub';
And I know it's not correct, I'm doing it from memory.

peet: Huh?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I would recommend using float3at all times because sometimes the height of an order has a direct influence on the units behavior, especially so where planes are concerned.

There's also the conversions between float3 and float2 as well as the helper methods float3 has
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

AF wrote:I do not think it is fair to criticize triaxx any further. This is the AI forum not a circus and we should retain some modicum of respect.
Awww! But these are the funniest thread the AI forum ever had!

By the way, thanks for sharing your code Triaxx2. Even if it doesn't look like it, I know how much time and effort it took to write that little routine you posted.

Return to “AI”