[LLTA Reloaded]

[LLTA Reloaded]

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

LordLemmi

[LLTA Reloaded]

Post by LordLemmi »

Hello everybody,

Yes its me again, Lordlemmi.
But now nomore alone, monohouse,speedy,Shadowstar,(LordMuffe) are helping me now
to work on my mod and fix it!
The last try to fix the mod was just :oops: ...
So we restart the mod and start at 0% :)

I like to show and say you some progress and ideas.
And maybe you like to say something what is wrong or what is needed.

First, the mod is now based on BA 4.7 , much people say OOHHH NOOOO , but don´t cry its not BA , its just takes the balances , effects and stuff like that.
It will play like no mod before (i hope)

First Yes again Arm and Core , but this time Arm goes more on lightning/electric powered weapons and techniques. And Core more on Napalm/Burning powered weapons and techniques.
NOT AT ALL ! :)

The Commander will be new and very RARE !...
So if you lose a Commander ... the game maybe is senseless later.
You can Upgrade the Commander later with new weapons/shields.(And other units maybe too)

The new changes are ,
-there are now sooo much "shit" units in it.
-i try to balance the units like ba.
-Ba lift and anti nuke bugs will be fixed.
-You will become a new techlevel
-New tactics and options in gameplay.
-New Effects.
-New models from some nice modlers ! (Thanks,LordMuffe/Speedy/Shadowstar)

The new tech level will have structures like:
-----Mega Radar
-----Mega Jammer
-----Extrem Moho Extraktor
-----Extrem Storages
-----Extrem Nuke
-----Extrem Towers(Land/Air)
-----Research Center
-----New Buildcenter
and much more....

There will be a tank in the mod , that is not a real friend , but its one of the last things you can build in the mod.
It has 3 Cannontowers,2Missilelaunchers,2Artillerytowers,2Flaks and a Shield. (And yes that is balanceable, A BIT)
And not only for ground is a Fat unit, Air , Water , Kbots and maybe Hover too.

So stay tuned and plz post some feedback/kritik and don´t post stuff like:
It´s shit, ohhhh noooo... whatever , give it a try , my old version was bullshit and had over 700 downloads and that is why i working again on it.

Oke here are some screenz from new models(In Work)

Arm Lvl 3 Metal Extractor (Not Done)

Core David (Lvl 3 heavy Tank)

Thank you , regards
<-----------LordLemmi
Peet
Malcontent

Re: [LLTA Reloaded]

Post by Peet »

LordLemmi wrote:-You will become a new techlevel
Yay, I always wanted to be a Krog when I grew up ^_^
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I will become a beefsteak.

While you are at it, name the units in a proper way... BIG StIcK of D34TH just doesn't look right. Also fix those damn big ass towers, they are useless and can't hit enemies well.
One of the major issues is that all of this is just a bunch of random things thrown together IMO. Nothing really fits to each other. It's like mixing C&C and WarCrraft together.

Oh right, the arm comm has a core logo on it, the core comm the arm logo IIRC. :P
smoth

Post by smoth »

good luck lemmi
LordLemmi

Post by LordLemmi »

rattle wrote:I will become a beefsteak.

While you are at it, name the units in a proper way... BIG StIcK of D34TH just doesn't look right. Also fix those damn big ass towers, they are useless and can't hit enemies well.
One of the major issues is that all of this is just a bunch of random things thrown together IMO. Nothing really fits to each other. It's like mixing C&C and WarCrraft together.

Oh right, the arm comm has a core logo on it, the core comm the arm logo IIRC. :P
Once again... Read than cry, i know the old LLTA was really shitty and bugged , i restarded work on it , so be sure that the LLTA and LLTA Reloaded are not the same.
Agnus

Post by Agnus »

LordLemmi, I know wich is your native language hehehehe, common error to mistake become and get :P
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

LordLemmi wrote:

Once again... Read than cry, i know the old LLTA was really shitty and bugged , i restarded work on it , so be sure that the LLTA and LLTA Reloaded are not the same.
Yet you released it... but it's good that you start from scratch.

*then - another common mistake not only germans do.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

The then-than confusion is most common with native speakers actually, as are most homonyms. Though non-native speakers can pick bad habits up if they see native speakers use them.
udm

Post by udm »

So grammer lessons in place now?

Anyway, why stop work on LLTA? It was great, and you could improve on it instead of starting all over again. Anyway, all the best, I hope we get more nukes and big bots

@p3374h: lol
quantum

Post by quantum »

Interesting stuff :-) Nice to hear that you want to differentiate more Arm and Core. The upgrade system sounds exciting! Good luck with your project!
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

naming the big tank David is sort of borked though, in a perfect word the sniper would be called david and a new tank...erm...goliath 2 son of goliath.
Caradhras

Post by Caradhras »

name it Carcharoth ...ermmm... what did i just say? *mooooo*

good luck, LL!!
LordLemmi

Post by LordLemmi »

Caradhras wrote:name it Carcharoth ...ermmm... what did i just say? *mooooo*

good luck, LL!!
hehe, Thank you :)

Machiosabre wrote:naming the big tank David is sort of borked though, in a perfect word the sniper would be called david and a new tank...erm...goliath 2 son of goliath.
Hm the first name was goliath mk2 but that sucks.. so i named him David (Goliath & David) and yes David is much better and will win vs goliath hehe.

quantum wrote:Interesting stuff :-) Nice to hear that you want to differentiate more Arm and Core. The upgrade system sounds exciting! Good luck with your project!
Thanks for the feedback, and thank you for let me using your effects!(And edit them to make them better hehe)

udm wrote:So grammer lessons in place now?

Anyway, why stop work on LLTA? It was great, and you could improve on it instead of starting all over again. Anyway, all the best, I hope we get more nukes and big bots

@p3374h: lol
The old LLTA was just horrible... much shit in the modfile... over 30 mb thats ****, and there where some errors that can´t be fixed O.o!
And hmm more nukes not but new looking nukes.Big bots for sure !! :)
rattle wrote:
LordLemmi wrote:

Yet you released it... but it's good that you start from scratch.

*then - another common mistake not only germans do.
Thanks, yeah old release ... what release ??? lol :D hehe that was just a test version hehe...(i know my english sucks sometimes... :D)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here some new stuff!

New plasma / emg shot :)

New laser´s

And new rocketexplosions

More things to come ! :)
(I use Quantum´s FX Pack and edit it by my self, it looks now really different!So a thank you goes to Quantum too !)

Some feedback :) ? hehe
regards,
LordLemmi
overkill

Post by overkill »

:shock: :shock:
thoes are nice laser effects.....and rockets.....,and reciols.....

the alpha version is very beautifull with out any unit additions except 2 kbots.there are 2 main issues u need to fix thoe firdt one is th goliath weapon you know how bugged it is and it also afects the shiva since it uses the same weapon (i think) and second the nano towers need not to be so noisy and the cores need there laser fixed and that one issue with them shooting freindlies and friendlies blowing up feilds of them....
NightfallGemini

Post by NightfallGemini »

Just judging from your post here a bit, but will there be use of construction hubs? D:
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

http://rattle.from-hell.net/spring/graphics/emg.tga
Another EMG replacement. Fairly simple but it was looking good ingame.
LordLemmi

Post by LordLemmi »

rattle wrote:http://rattle.from-hell.net/spring/graphics/emg.tga
Another EMG replacement. Fairly simple but it was looking good ingame.
Ah Good idea i will test it ! :)
NightfallGemini wrote:Just judging from your post here a bit, but will there be use of construction hubs? D:
No, i wont use construction hubs! Hate them, dont know why but i do!
Maybe for a spezial unit or so.... atm not!...
overkill wrote::shock: :shock:
thoes are nice laser effects.....and rockets.....,and reciols.....

the alpha version is very beautifull with out any unit additions except 2 kbots.there are 2 main issues u need to fix thoe firdt one is th goliath weapon you know how bugged it is and it also afects the shiva since it uses the same weapon (i think) and second the nano towers need not to be so noisy and the cores need there laser fixed and that one issue with them shooting freindlies and friendlies blowing up feilds of them....
Yeah what you sayed just alpha hehe, is fixed right now ! :) and thanks for the testing :)

-----------
Atm i havent much time but i show you some new work/old maybe for some:

There you can see A testing of the flame effect(tryed to use the flames from nanoblobs but eats to much fps, have to change it)
Than a Electrobeam (looks a bit like ice)
The Advanced A.K. fast shooting laser atm in Gay colour :) but like it hehe
And the Kengu he uses 2 EMGs ,its a great unit too but maybe weapons change in later balancing testings.

And here from [NR]ShadowStar a "W.I.P." picture of the new Core:
He got a big Flaming gun some lasers , dgun , shield , anti air , ;) don´t think "OH NO FUCKING OVERPOWERED AND UNBALANCED!!!111"
The Weapons at start are the same like normal CoreCom, You can upgrade him later in the game ;)

What you think about that ? :)
Regards,Trempler
overkill

Post by overkill »

lookin good i hope to alpha test a new alpha when your done.oh and good luck
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Keep the polycount in mind. Those cylinders could be reduced to 8 sided ones.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Or 6. And ditch the insides.

Tbh, ditch the whole thing.

Return to “Game Development”