Talon Mod - Page 2

Talon Mod

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

thedude

Re: Talon Mod

Post by thedude »

Both projects have still one issue in common: bumping other units out of the way to move somewhere :lol:
Stealth870

Post by Stealth870 »

I must be one of the rare TAUers who loves Springs. :shock: And I've always wanted to see Talon/TAWP/ESC be ported over, but there's a lot of TA-specific hacking going on in those mods for any "simple" type port.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Much of the modding community originated from TAU;

Spiked, myself, Argh, Gnome, Zsinj, zwzsg. Can't remember if Forb was there too? Probably others I'm forgetting.

Also, hi Stealth! :mrgreen:
Snooky

Post by Snooky »

Hi all, Wotan here fron TA:ESC...

I/we don't hate Spring at all, we are frankly just too busy at the moment to port ESC to Spring (well too lazy as well I guess). ESC is a very active TA mod and still generates quite a bit of interest (and traffic) even after 13+ years of TA. We've managed to push the engine far beyond it's limit with help from folks like Zwzsg and others and there are still nuances that we are still finding - amazing for such a venerable game.

Anyhow, I am not adverse to one day porting ESC to Spring. We have tons of unique and original units that adhere closely to the Cavedog theme and we have Talon which will be added sooner than most give us credit for. We need to finish what we started first though and we'll more than likely need folks here that can port ESC while retaining it's TA'ish essence. Not sure if that would overlap with the AA, BA, CA, mods, but I think there could be a place for ESC here if it was done right and by the right folks :-)

Return to “Game Development”