Tech 6 (3) units guide: - Page 2

Tech 6 (3) units guide:

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

trepan
Former Engine Dev

Post by trepan »

Moved to Mods.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

I think you mention efficiency compared with a group of L2 units too much. Since its a general statement for all of them just put it ahead of the individual descriptions.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Wow, you managed to completely miss the point of the Karganeth. The Kargeneth is the ultimate porcbreaker on chokepoint maps. You use it's all-terrain abilities to walk over the back entrance to the base and then start tearing it to shreds - and since usually the only unit-defense that can respond to this kind of attack with adequate speed is the airforce, the Karganeth then tears them to shreds with it's all-purpose-missiles. It is by far the most useful of the L3 units. The Krog and Bantha are only important on cramped high-resource maps like Speedmetal, where their space efficiency is key.

The Vanguard was designed by Caydr for some sort of complicated role, but in general it's just usually used like a slower Karganeth without the anti-air capability - as a big all-terrain assault mech instead of spiders.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Turtles + spiders = win + pwn. Especially on altored divide. Problem is I never get to do that, because every time I play altored I use the exact same strategy. Spaem flash. And every time I play altored, the enemy is a bunch of neebs and doesn't see it coming. So I never get to move on to the other thing that happens in approximately 79.2% of altored games that last longer than 10 minutes but nobody ever sees coming, an attack over the mountains.

tl;dr version: lots of nubs play altored.
Strategia

Post by Strategia »

Felix the Cat wrote:lots of nubs play altored.
Really, you don't say..... :roll:
manored

Post by manored »

Pxtl wrote:Wow, you managed to completely miss the point of the Karganeth. The Kargeneth is the ultimate porcbreaker on chokepoint maps. You use it's all-terrain abilities to walk over the back entrance to the base and then start tearing it to shreds - and since usually the only unit-defense that can respond to this kind of attack with adequate speed is the airforce, the Karganeth then tears them to shreds with it's all-purpose-missiles. It is by far the most useful of the L3 units. The Krog and Bantha are only important on cramped high-resource maps like Speedmetal, where their space efficiency is key.

The Vanguard was designed by Caydr for some sort of complicated role, but in general it's just usually used like a slower Karganeth without the anti-air capability - as a big all-terrain assault mech instead of spiders.
I missed its point because I never used em before the time I tested em because the Krog is soo overpowered doing some other unit is waste of time... but will add it to their description next time.

I dont think the Vanguard is meant for assault considering his speed and how efficient he is at artillery.

Return to “Game Development”