i have a modded TA o.o

i have a modded TA o.o

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

RedKing

i have a modded TA o.o

Post by RedKing »

yes the title says it all
i have a modded TA with unlocked units that were once shut out for bugs and clashes such as the Mouse (ARM sniper KBot) and some of the level 3 KBots...and other highly advanced tanks and jets..and of course the imobile defensive/offensive units..it came from a friend of mine too before you ask if i'm actually good enough at something like that because i'm not..i may be computer literate but i can NOT do game coding T_T

now if only those same units were put into the 3D version <.<;;
Strategia

Post by Strategia »

.....ok, so you came to the Spring forum, for an OTA mod, and you're asking other people to convert the mod to Spring?

The mod forum is for your own mods or comments on others', not to ask, basically, "hey I got this cool idea make this mod for me".
quantum

Post by quantum »

I believe it's not hard at all to move units from TA to Spring. You could probably get results quicker if you tried yourself. Here you can find a few useful links:

http://spring.clan-sy.com/wiki/Mod_and_ ... evelopment

Also, ignore angry people.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

HEY! Sweet! Exactly what we need! Another TA Variant! /sarcasm
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

with more buggy 3p units!
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

i have a modded TA with unlocked units that were once shut out for bugs and clashes such as the Mouse (ARM sniper KBot) and some of the level 3 KBots...and other highly advanced tanks and jets..and of course the imobile defensive/offensive units..
You wording are improper, and I suspect it's not only the wording but the underlying ideas they support that is wrong. From the sound of it ("unlocked units"), you appear to be under the impression that you got a TA with units that were made by Cavedog (the company which made TA), but unreleased. This is not the case. They are mere fan made units. 3rd party units as we call them. Nothing special, there are thousands of such fan made units freely downloadable from many websites. More specifically, the units you have come from the modding group called M.A.D. TA, one of the most popular modding group.

If the units aren't too special, simply dumping them into Spring folder will make them work into Spring.

But that's very dirty, and you should learn to unpack them, then write a little modinfo, then repack them. That way they'll be available as your own little mod, which is much more lobby-friendly that having all sort of synch error whenever you forget them while going playing online. This should be almost doable even for people with no coding experience.

However that's only the start of the ride! There's all kinds of small difference between the TA and Spring engine, and while most units works fine, with many units or complex units, there's bound to have all sorts of small bugs, and fixing them often requires great knowledge of both engine.

And at the end, when all is properly ported and fixed, you'll realise that they look ugly in Spring, with their missing faces and approximate texturing, and that you'd better off remodel everything, using the Spring native model format instead of TA legacy model format.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

Happy greeting of the noob by FA's standards
nice. really nice.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

Forboding Angel wrote:HEY! Sweet! Exactly what we need! Another TA Variant! /sarcasm
TA Spring is a project aiming to create a new RTS. The current goal is to make it run content from the game Total Annihilation.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Goal Accomplished and now they are moving foward... this arguemnt has happend leave it alone... as to the acutal thread topic... i think zwzsg hit the nail on the head.
RedKing

Post by RedKing »

Strategia wrote:.....ok, so you came to the Spring forum, for an OTA mod, and you're asking other people to convert the mod to Spring?

The mod forum is for your own mods or comments on others', not to ask, basically, "hey I got this cool idea make this mod for me".
NOT what i meant
i was saying i have an OTA mod...i never asked to make it into spring i just said it'd be cool if it was there...
we sure do have a way with misunderstandings don't we? :?
this is the 2nd topic in a row where we had a mix up and it's the only 2 topics i've made so far XP

also to zwzsg:
these we'ren't fan made the person who got these up can't MAKE units he simply recoded ones that were locked because of clashes with other systems.. made it so that they don't clash and unlocked them but thanks for the explanation anyways on everything else o.o

also to the sarcastic one... there's no need for that T_T
you made my computer cry *stroaks computer*

well i'm off for now i hope i figure out even getting the game working some time soon XP

laters people
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Don't let the main community discourage you. Hope to see you around.
RedKing

Post by RedKing »

no worries ^^
you guys don't know me much yet since i only joined the place yesterday but i'm not easily put off : P

i'll see if there's actually anything doable that i can figure out for game mods or whatever ^^;;
if i ever get time <.<;;
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

What's with the smileys...
RedKing

Post by RedKing »

i just tend to use them but i think that's not very well on topic really is it? ^^;;

my thread is drifting away into spamness ._.;;
not what i wanted to get :(
smoth

Post by smoth »

jackalope wrote: TA Spring is a project aiming to create a new RTS. The current goal is to make it run content from the game Total Annihilation.
Um, no that goal was met. Now they are moving on. You of all people should know they droped TA from Spriing some time ago.

Redking, we are just a bit sick of TA style mods. There are a lot of TA styled/based mods. It is starting to get too old and too numerous. There is a large community for TA mods but largely they play XTA or BA and frankly are hard pressed to open their minds to the plethora of other mods.
RedKing

Post by RedKing »

well what i've seen from pics i find pretty awsome...i just wish i could finally get playing it DX
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

links to pic plz
RedKing

Post by RedKing »

i don't have the links i got linked through MSN yesterday to the pics and decided to get the game XP
smoth

Post by smoth »

well, you ARE in the right place. This game is free and awesome, many of the community will be willing to help you. Good luck with whatever you plan to do.
manored

Post by manored »

Forboding Angel wrote:HEY! Sweet! Exactly what we need! Another TA Variant! /sarcasm
It would be good if wasnt for the fact that almost only the best variant is played :-) .

Return to “Game Development”