Unit Requests

Unit Requests

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Unit Requests

Post by AF »

Ah well a new engine and we have so many new thigns tht are possible.

And so havign watched the latest dr.wh episode "Dalek" and the new golden bronze dalek with new features, could someone create a dalek unti for me?

NOTE: The new dalek has a head that can spin and the mid section with plunger and beam can spin indeendantly too.

The jet packs are ont he bottom and glow blue and so does the eye. Yes the daleks now fly.....

The ball thigns at the side fly off to form a sphere around the dalek as a form of shield.

The beam weapon is light blue but a substitute would be the lightning weapon fo the zeus in xta
Storm

Post by Storm »

Why wouldn't someone put down a couple hours of their lives to make you a unit out of a extensively poor description?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

- Go here: http://www.tafansite.com/index.php?page=unitshop

- Download and test each and every of their 2942 units to check that your unit idea has not been already done. (I trust you not to be able to use the search box.)

- If you ever finish that and don't found any unit like your idea, don't worry, TA Fan Site Unit Shop is the only the tip of iceberg of TA 3rd party units site.

- Once you have proof that your unit idea has not been done yet, I'll tell you to read the editing section of my TA FAQ and do it yourself.

Spring forum just isn't the place for posting wacky units idea.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Considering at the time the dalek type I was mentioning had been on TV for the first tiem EVER on bbc1 in the last 30 mins I think it's highly unlikely that soemone made a fully workign dalek to the new specifications.
Storm

Post by Storm »

Wow, and now you want people to slave away to serve your will. Arrogance at it's height.
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

Storm wrote:Wow, and now you want people to slave away to serve your will. Arrogance at it's height.
hey, it cost nothing to ask...we ALL (me, you too) ask the SY to add this, to modify that, etc...
But I agree the form of his request is not very good.

edit : arg, I just realised I defand Atlantai Firestar ;)
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

HAHAHAHAH!!

Check out the Spud Gun...

LMAO!!

@.@;; Some of those are very well done... and some are... well.. sux0r..
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

hhmmm I see arrogance has consumed you storm.

I would ahve said I deamnd not I request if that where so. Not to mention that certain aspects of the new dalek where an impossibility in OTA, or your track record. I'd do ti myself if I werent such a sh*tty modeller or knew howto script units.

and why do you insist on deliberatly misspelling my name as Atlantai?
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

that's how I pronounce it <_<

anywho, your posts really are 90% worthless. learn to model, or head over to http://www.tauniverse.com and check out the eyecandy/unit creation forums

and learn to type, your posts give me a headache -_-

Edit: Alright, this is easy enough. First, unless you really are a special needs person, you do not need to type "hmmmmm" in a post. If you type just a little slower, you can avoid nearly all of the errors that make your posts so annoying to read. Things like ti instead of it, or ahve instead of have. Just type more slowly, or proofread your posts.
If you feel proofreading is too much work, make shorter posts.

Arrogance has consumed Storm? Making sense would also be a good start to fixing your posts.
as far as your own first post...you give no visual description of your unit, you offer no model, nothing of your own. Storm has a point...I know I couldn't draw anything based on your post.
CaptainExo

Post by CaptainExo »

Here's the Dalek... I just googled "Dalek"...

http://www.daleklinks.co.uk/gallery/new-dalek-2.asp
http://www.daleklinks.co.uk/gallery/dal ... ains-2.asp
http://www.daleklinks.co.uk/gallery/new-dalek.asp

The so-called "balls" do not form a shield, they form the self-destruct. The Dalek is surrounded by an energy-shield that melts bullets before they can touch [the dalek], though sustained and concentrated fire could possibly get past the shield. It's primary weapon is a disruptor/energy/"death" ray that blows the crap out of things, primarily humans. It's secondary is that plunger, which it also uses to hack consoles... as well as suffocate people;

"Scientist": "So, what you gonna do? Sucker me to death?"

*SCHLOMP* Dalek's plunger arm has just latched onto said Scientist's face. He dies of suffocation (and possibly gas discharge within the confines of the plunger... nerve/poison gas, most likely) a few seconds later.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

No the balls do form a shiled, otherwise the entire comlex would ahve been destroyed when the dale went boom, the shield contains the blast then the balls do that flashy thign and dissapear
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I want a Starfuri unit. It would be fast, manurable and brawler like. Also it would do a LOT of damage. How ever a luck shot with ... well anything will spell doom for the poor starfurie. http://www.uic.nnov.ru/~biev1/bab5/starfury.jpg

ALLSOOOOOOOOOOO

I would enjoy a rollypolly like unit. One that is realy slow but has guns EVERY WHERE. Also it would be cool if you could set it to curl up, makeing it far more vulnrable to enemy atacks and then it could roll along the ground like Sonic. Also it would be vunrable to air, nukes, and other big damage, big ranged things

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND

Would some one pleas pleas pleas PLEAS!!! port TAFF casue i love it and would love it to be played in Spring. ITs well balenced, cool and in space. I have always loved space ever sence War of the Worlds....

could we also have a martian war machine like in War of the Worlds (the book not the movie(s))
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Your rollypolly reminds of SWTA droideka.
http://zwzsg.hosted.luckz.de/img/3D%20s ... Droids.jpg

They don't have guns eveywhere, but they do curl and roll.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

new starwars episode 1 cgi CRAP! Now with that pice of predijuce about the whole new star wars thing those are cool units!
Storm

Post by Storm »

I think there was a Babylon 5 mod around somewhere.
CaptainExo

Post by CaptainExo »

Alantai Firestar wrote:No the balls do form a shiled, otherwise the entire comlex would ahve been destroyed when the dale went boom, the shield contains the blast then the balls do that flashy thign and dissapear
But they don't form an ACTIVE shield, like the one that stopped the bullets.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

but. like, the dalec could use the balls to protect itself from a nuke maybe? I don't see any reason for people not to dream it was a really cool episode of the show... AND did anyone else notice the similarity of the earth being destroyed in the HHGTTG movie and the dalek blowing itself up? I think a BBC mod would be great, dalek, cybermen, marvin with a point of view gun, something from the Red Dwarf series... yay crazyness!!!

Return to “Game Development”