TA:X mod in progress (slow progress) - Page 3

TA:X mod in progress (slow progress)

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

KDR_11k wrote:ICBMs could hit a game across the lobby.
And kill several games in one shot :>
overkill

Post by overkill »

>.<
why do you keep saying stuff about that i knowe about that i said more realistic not realistic as in it would be a little more realistic
:evil:
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Shadowsage wrote:personally, i'd like to see some decent scaling between infantry size and ship size.
Unfortunately, practically impossible..

Not even FPS games have correctly sized ships
overkill

Post by overkill »

well the battle ship is goanna have a 8x8 foot print and the aks/pws is gonna be 1x1 or 1/2x1/2 if its possible
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

And what are the crawlies going to be?
overkill

Post by overkill »

the bombs?? 1x1
overkill

Post by overkill »

bah, screw it, screw it all, im done with this mod. why should i put my ideas into a ta based mod, to face possible legal issues, to increase the amount of ta based mods. i got half way done with this screwed something up, got mad and actually thought about it. im gonna learn how to model,texture and animate to make my own mod. not giving up any info on what im gonna do(unless some1 gives potatoes then id pm my concept to the but bah). Eta of alpha release 5years
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

congraduations overkill you have learned the ultimate modding lesson..
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

anatomy of a noob modder. classic.
overkill

Post by overkill »

actually its newb, because im just new, not a retard :P
Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

overkill wrote:bah, screw it, screw it all, im done with this mod. why should i put my ideas into a ta based mod, to face possible legal issues, to increase the amount of ta based mods. i got half way done with this screwed something up, got mad and actually thought about it. im gonna learn how to model,texture and animate to make my own mod. not giving up any info on what im gonna do(unless some1 gives potatoes then id pm my concept to the but bah). Eta of alpha release 5years
It's posts like this that make me wish we had sigs here.

PS: Good luck with the new mod
rcdraco

haha

Post by rcdraco »

now obviously it's dumb on your part to give up, but transferring OTA mods to Spring is READ MY LIPS impossible. It cannot be done, who knows why, so just make your own mod, once I learn UVmapping, I can help, but right now, all I can do is lite scripting and FBI editing.

Oh, and by the way, why did you make 5 posts in a row, only I can do that, and I got in trouble for it.
Peet
Malcontent

Re: haha

Post by Peet »

rcdraco wrote:now obviously it's dumb on your part to give up, but transferring OTA mods to Spring is READ MY LIPS impossible.
Dude...before you go all fancy with the colors and strong wording, lurk moar. The most-played spring mods *use ta content*.
overkill

Re: haha

Post by overkill »

P3374H wrote:
rcdraco wrote:now obviously it's dumb on your part to give up, but transferring OTA mods to Spring is READ MY LIPS impossible.
Dude...before you go all fancy with the colors and strong wording, lurk moar. The most-played spring mods *use ta content*.
lol, peets right
rcdraco

READ MY LIPS

Post by rcdraco »

You don't understand, I said OTA MODS, not OTA, OTA MODS, look at TAUCP, impossible.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Are you suggesting that 3rd party ota content uses an entirely different format from that of OTA?
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

I found the scripts to sometimes be incompatible, but alot of the stuff from OTA did work with little to no effort. With jcnossen's new wrinkles in upswing it is even a simple job now to convert 3do's to s3o's.
overkill

Post by overkill »

if I had the spare time i would convert a few mods just to prove draco wrong(no offense)
rcdraco

uhh what

Post by rcdraco »

no, the scripts are bad, you can't convert ota mods, they uses crappy scripts. I tried to convert TAUCP a while ago, then had it work once, and had no textures, so I tried to fix it and bam, it broke.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

I ported AATA with little difficulty. Ironing all the little details takes a while of course, but its far from infeasible if you are familar with both OTA and Spring.

Return to “Game Development”