Unit that have parts go flying off when they fire

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

I have a unit of my own that goes firing off its whole gun when it fires... i suspect this involves the way that TA Spring parses the objects3d and sscripts files for certain names and treats those names differently (f.ex flares and such).

I have a request: If anyone finds example(s) of units that exhibit similar behavior, upload them here. We can better try and isolate the problem that way.
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Packing one now...

You might have to tweak the menu...

http://www.sandgame.com/bigfatmama.ufo

Enjoy!
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

a core level 2 melee kbot, known as the shredder (yes, it acts just like the protoss zealot from starcraft, don't shoot me >_>)

http://www.tafansite.com/index.php?page ... it&id=1653

two issues
1) instead of doing the stabbing attack, it fires out a generic explosive projectile

2) its arms go flying off into space and don't come back
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Little Brother and Avatar had to be removed from the AA release for this reason... just looked too ridiculous.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Can you upload and pack them individually?
CaptainExo

Post by CaptainExo »

Dragon45 wrote:Can you upload and pack them individually?
The point is, an error causes bits of them to fly off. So they look bloody stupid, so there's not much point including them in the AA-Spring pack.

Unless you particularly like laughing at silly looking units with missing bits because of bugs, there's no need for you to have them, IMO. :|
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Did you just miss the point of my first post? :P

The point of getting them together is so that we can find out what the hell is going on with this issue in general :P
CaptainExo

Post by CaptainExo »

It possibly has something to do with oddly coded recoil scripts and weapons that are assigned to multiple turrets, for example the Shredder's melee attack is assigned to both arms I presume, so the "recoil" makes them go flying off...

*shrug*
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Wow, that's the best hypothesis I've yet heard.

What's more funny is seeing the next fire sequence come from that object flying through the air.
CaptainExo

Post by CaptainExo »

Buggi wrote:Wow, that's the best hypothesis I've yet heard.

What's more funny is seeing the next fire sequence come from that object flying through the air.
1) Seriously? :P

2) Yes, it is quite amusing when stuff like that happens.
TARevenger

Post by TARevenger »

some of the units in Taucp have their turrents fly when firing, one being the big fat mama tank and 2 big Super Destoryers (arm sea dragon and core black hydra).
other bugs include, A few KBots go flying off into space when built, 3 units have inconsistant move data, a battleship starts smoking when going into fp control mode and eats up the frames per second, The CAN markII unit freezes spring as soon as factory starts building it, and error messages involing bad texture and sound files,

if anyone wants the taucp it can be downloaded from here

http://www.filefront.com/?filepath=/taucp/taucp23.zip
CaptainExo

Post by CaptainExo »

There's no N in TURRET. :x
Rayden

Post by Rayden »

Exo, calm down please it's just a "n".

Could it be that things like shells of fired ammo is missing in TA:Spring?

Return to “Game Development”