Spring:1944 dev and testing - Page 14

Spring:1944 dev and testing

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

maestro

Post by maestro »

floz... you seem to solve the smoothing problem ? or you just separate the hard edges as separate object ?
Also it seems you have good texturer now... congrats for that....
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Upspring will now properly import uv smoothing and welding!

And why are you congratulating FLOZI for MY work!??!?! Raaagggjjj!
maestro

Post by maestro »

Hi spike, so there is now new upspring when I leave the project for few months ? where to download ?

Also.... could you send me those tank/tank destroyer models.... Ill PM you my email.... so I can copycat the techniq for WD

Oh and dont worry about me thanking flozi.... you work harder but flozi talk (and post) louder :P
Big mouth vs Big work winner=big mouth
Vote vs Veto, winner=veto :twisted:
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

I don't talk half as loud as Spiked. :lol:
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Lol it's true... I do talk vey loud.

Anyway I sent you the model... new Uprpsing is here:

http://user.supradigital.org/jcnossen/U ... r-1.54.exe

Thread:

http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtop ... 051#174051
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

I've started to make maps and model features and stuff... nothing big but this took me ALL DAY LONG.

I'm just fooling around with L3DT, Paintshop, stuff like that. I want to *slowly* make a bunch of features. I'm starting with "rural" features, ie, stuff you'd find in the country, on farms, etc. Hm... I think next I'll make dead cows. Bwahah!
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Don't you have an absolute truckload of models to get through before you can start thinking about custom features?

(read: We want more tanks! ;) )
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Do you need a slave driver? I'm good with the whip!
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

just an idle thought, the main reason the public version dosnt work very well atm is that units build very fast, and once at the front die very fast, reducing battles to lines of infantry moving from the factory to the front where they get instapwned.

this mod more than any other would benefit from slower paced killing of units, and real benefits for keeping troops alive. Making infantry HP increase greatly with XP for example to represent experienced soldiers making less mistakes, making good use of cover, staying out of view.
package the game with a good hotkey for "select armed units on 50% or less health", put in a paramedic infantry unit which used with the crtl-r dragging a circle could quickly repair a bunch of boys.
in this way, people would save their vet infantry, would would have 5-600 health and be much more effective for secret ops or leading an assault.

just ideas..
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

I rather enjoy the current version, but you are correct - it is far more in the style of WWI massive swarms than proper tactics and skill.

So, next version will have suppressing fire, where infantry dive for the dirt when they're shot at by something scary enough. While prone, they'll have a rather large health bonus (taking 30% of normal damage as a max value - that might go down to ~10% or even 5%; we're not sure yet), which keeps them alive a lot longer.

However, if guys are suppressed long enough, they can get scared and become pinned, thus unable to fire back or respond to orders.

our scale is somewhat beyond preserving specific troops. although bonuses for exp have been considered, we decided it would be too much micro to try to keep a single guy (or group of guys) alive, given how they could all get wiped out by a random bomb, rocket, burst of MG fire, or shell.

For good sneaky troops, there will be British commandos ;)
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

The house looks much better. Was waaayyy too bright before.

There's new BA-64 scout cars, model by Dash_Riprock!
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

That BA-64 looks like it needs to be darkened and greyed out a little bit; otherwise it's looking good.

Can I occupy those houses with my troops? ;)
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Only an idiot would fortify himself in a wooden shack with a straw roof, that will probably explode like a matchbox if an HE shell so much as looks at it.

So yes, you may. >:D
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

:shock: this mod looks better every time i see it i can't wait for the first proper release!
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

it looks pro. I just hope its less spaem waars than last alpha. the pinning mechanic sounds like it'll sort that out though
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

SpikedHelmet wrote:that will probably explode like a matchbox if an HE shell so much as looks at it.
So it's about as safe as a Sherman tank?
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Shermans have more protection vs bullets I suppose
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Shermans got nicknames like Tommycooker, Ronson ("Lights up the first time, every time!") or Burning Grave.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

shermans were the equivalent of flash spam. goliath pwns them 1v1, but theres so many moooorreeeeeee
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

Sherman armour isn't actually that bad; comparable to a T-34/76 and much better than a PzIV - but german guns were way better, and obviously the Panther/Tiger/Tiger II presented a greater challenge.

Anywho, I got bored. gimmie a break if I missed anything, (like the headlight) I haven't modelled in ages.

Soviet T-60 Light Scout Tank

Return to “Game Development”