Spring:1944 dev and testing - Page 61

Spring:1944 dev and testing

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

rattle
Damned Developer

Re: Spring:1944 dev and testing

Post by rattle »

/viewfree with tracking set to multiple units?
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

It's just [t]racking the planes in FPS camera mode (ie switch to FPS mode, select a plane, press t).

It might be because of speed and high turn radius?

Or do you mean when the camera is stationary and planes do a flyby? If that's it, then I just tracked them with the mouse
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Just generally, the camera control seemed well above what I am capable of in motion. When I have a unit tracked, the unit is rarely nicely centred in the screen, and the camera tends to jump up and down with the unit as it travels over terrain; which looks strange with only minor variations in the terrain below. My videos are generally stop-start junk; screenshots I can do fine, but videos just tend to be nasty; unless you set things up so that you can keep your camera still and have the action flow past you (which I notice you did do a couple of times too).
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

wow, nice movie and images. 1944 seems to be really pushing the s3o mods, awesome game play too. :-)
lejocelyn

Post by lejocelyn »

Hi,

I would like to know if this mod is Free like GPL (LGPL, BSD or anything else) ? I would like to package Spring for fedora with some mods, may-be this one if it is Free.

FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

It's dual liscensed GPL and CC-SA iirc. Nemo can give you the exact details.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

i get home and ma pc tmoz so i can test again
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:Just generally, the camera control seemed well above what I am capable of in motion. When I have a unit tracked, the unit is rarely nicely centred in the screen, and the camera tends to jump up and down with the unit as it travels over terrain; which looks strange with only minor variations in the terrain below. My videos are generally stop-start junk; screenshots I can do fine, but videos just tend to be nasty; unless you set things up so that you can keep your camera still and have the action flow past you (which I notice you did do a couple of times too).
Oh, well, maybe I just have good mouse control... and it sounds like you are not in FPS camera mode when you're tracking, if the terrain is causing the camera to jump up and down. Try tracking flying units in different camera modes, and yes, I did do the ol' let the action flow by the camera, but I don't know why my camera movements were any smoother than anyone else's.

Return to “Game Development”