Spring:1944 dev and testing - Page 3

Spring:1944 dev and testing

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

MadRat

Post by MadRat »

clear your internet cache, maestro. You probably got a corrupt checksum in there.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Also, is the eliphant tank in game? I see the model but no units seem to use it.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

MadRat wrote:Also, is the eliphant tank in game? I see the model but no units seem to use it.
No.
maestro

Post by maestro »

Hi, did airdropping work in Spring ? wanna make ANtonov 26 which work more or less like C-47,,,,
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

No it doesn't. :(
maestro

Post by maestro »

Hi, almost finish the Pe-2 model :)
I hopes you like it (the blue part is not painted yet)

Paintscheme is factory-22 line 2 color, but the pattern is not really historical (should be no problem since no single plane have same pattern, they are worker creativity :wink: )
the varian I made is mid war Pe-2 -205
ps : do you want it have bomb model underwing not ?
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Very nice model! I bet it'll look 10 times better when shaded, too.

Glory to the motherland!
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

Beautiful Maestro! :o

/me pokes Spiked with the work stick

Annnnnnyway, from now on, all, and only, the files needed to run the current version of the alpha will be available at:

http://aata.tauniverse.com/spring/

Remember, download ALL files. (Unless you already have them :P )
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Bump. Updated original post. Play and enjoy.
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

maestro wrote:Hi, did airdropping work in Spring ? wanna make ANtonov 26 which work more or less like C-47,,,,
AN-26 is not a WW2 era plane, though. Its first flight was in 1969.
Soviet licensed copy of DC-3 (C-47) was known as Li-2 (link to some photos of it). It was very much the same plane as DC-3, differences were mainly from converting the design from inches to metric system (and strenghtening the frame a bit since Soviet standards on airframe strenght were higher). Wartime Li-2 often received defencive machinegun turrets.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

I'm pretty sure he wants to use them in World Domination, which is set in the near future.

That said, it would be really sweet if anyone knows how to get airdropping to work (IE an air transport that doesn't have to land to unload). I want my airborne divisons, damnit!
maestro

Post by maestro »

Nemo wrote:I'm pretty sure he wants to use them in World Domination, which is set in the near future.

That said, it would be really sweet if anyone knows how to get airdropping to work (IE an air transport that doesn't have to land to unload). I want my airborne divisons, damnit!
exactly.... An-26 is for WD. I choose it becase it smaller (waiting 250 troop dropping one by one from single An-225 will make player asleep :lol: )
so today to land soldier the plane have to land first ? if so then for WD mi-26 would be better choice, looks more natural....
As for 1944, maybe Focke angelis FA-223 Drachke...:wink:
ps : will there landing glider in 1944 ? not sure how to make trick of it though (glider cant take off by themselves)
L0223R

Post by L0223R »

hi im working on a new texture for the german command centre, does it matter if it is stone or wood? i will try to make one of each, but i reckon stone would look better for the german one.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

bump kabump - new version out, b3h - most likely the last patch before the next major version.

As always, latest version is here: http://aata.tauniverse.com/spring/

Changelog can be found here: http://aata.tauniverse.com/spring/changelog.txt

Any bug reports or suggestions are very welcome.
L0223R

Post by L0223R »

Err, i dont know how to put textures back into the mod.

I made a new tex for the command building (GERBarracksUVmap.dds)
and when i add it back into the sd7 file and test the mod the building comes out blank (player colour).
I suspect I haven't saved the .dds right
the textures not finished yet but ill do some more work on it if i can get it to work
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

You need to add an alpha channel with 99% opacity, alpha channel = team colour on texture 1. That is why if you don't add an alpha channel it goes team colour all over.

I suggest reading maestro's upspring tutorial, covers all the basics of working with spring models / textures. :-)

edit: hopefully http://fileuniverse.com/?p=show&a=it&id=4065 is the latest version, UF seems to be down for me so I can't check there.

edit2: Also the wiki has some good stuff
smoth

Post by smoth »

just tried version h, getting errors on spring files..

Stuff like scar textures and detail textures.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

You need both files..check to make sure that the C version (the bigger one) is 1) in your mods folder and 2) not renamed by your internet browser at all.

The reason I use that system is so that patch files can be small - I can make balance and script tweaks without forcing testers/players to redownload 10mb of the exact same content with every single version.

Sorry for any confusion the organization caused.
smoth

Post by smoth »

it is ok, I am just going to have to try it tommorrow.. I'm about to go to bed.

laters.
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

Eh, maybe I should make a very huge

OMG DOWNLOAD BOTH FILEZ PLZ!!!?!

banner on the site. :o

Return to “Game Development”