Quick (and likely stupid) question

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter0000

Post by Hunter0000 »

I having a go at making a mod... probobly wont amount to much more than some ota modles shooting crazy lazer beamz around but I feel confident enough in my text monkeying skills to at least see how far I can take it. I'm planning on using ota models, scripts ect... as a base so I can focus on gameplay first. My question is - what is refereanced from where? as in, is the corpse refereanced from the scipt, or the unit name? (I'd check the script, the the scripts in AA don't have an included .bos it seems) Basicly I'd like to know what files are tied to the model and scipt files and what files are tied to the unit FBI itself.
pintle

Post by pintle »

i would suggest (as a total and utter scripting/modelling/all things modding noob) that you have a look at nanoblobs, because argh has commented all of his code, and it is apparently very well written.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Nanoblobz has no corpses.

To answer your question, the corpses are linked to in the fbi and the script picks which one to use at death. AFAIK the fbi does all the referencing of other files, the script can only refer to them by a number.

Return to “Game Development”