XTA Development discussion - Page 11

XTA Development discussion

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Better then v7?

Poll ended at 08 Nov 2006, 03:04

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 28

aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Realy, I cant make them all just like that... I spend a good 10 mins setting up some of those screen shots!

Thats why I picked 3 that I thought were usefull.

Will use the crawiung bomb one too... and the Sumos one.

Im picking ones that make good screen shots to, not just good tips. A pick of someone adjsuting teh red bar would be borring.

However I suggest someone adds all of these to teh wiki and teh XTA site (is there one yet?)

aGorm
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Post by [KnoX]ElementalGizmo »

wont be for a few day, so do some; ow n u should do a screeny of bethezda for the amphibiouse attacks tip. My map rox at that.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Test: testing fire fox + lord matt may of done something to my user name ¿

EDIT:

Yay it works 8)
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Sorrey for last reply, im messing about with FF n it doesnt like me posting, IE is fine just FF ow well.

Back on subject:

Napkin, and his big fat jucy brain has almost finished writting a program that has re-written the fbi names and the detailes within. Customising the contence for ease of research and deving. And finaly a FBI name thats similar to the real unit name! JOY! :lol:

The weekend draws ever closer as does the next update. Seeming as the radius adjust was kinda crappy we are not including it in the next release.(was not in v8 either!) I will instead make a larger cube icon for the factorys, as this seemed to be the best thing about the feature mentioned.

A new change log will be uploaded shortly for your usual questioning and reasoning.

Giz
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

gizmo, I've ahd problems with FF too.

But I also had them with Opera and Internet explorer. Its fnordias server not firefox causing the trouble.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Damn, i love FF. This is gunna get very annoying soon, i got that fealing lmao.

Annyways, im about to start messing witht he mod again in abit. Was just wondering; personally i find that the coms gains experiance far to slowly for the damadge they do. I can LOWER the cost of the commander, which in turn will make it gain experiance FASTER.

Its currantly set like this:

BuildCostEnergy=34683;
BuildCostMetal=2163;
BuildTime=36072;

(Note that chainging its cost will ONLY effect the factor of players COMANDER experiance gained by kills)

Also, once in ablue moon i play as ARM. I find my-self getting fed up with setting the snipers to hold fire n hold possition all the time. I can set this to automaticly hold possition n hold fire if you so wish. Just a thought.
Last edited by [KnoX]ElementalGizmo on 18 Nov 2006, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Ow and i also updated the wiki about XTA, god knows how old that page was! http://taspring.clan-sy.com/wiki/XTA Its now set to something a lil more up to date now!
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

auto hold fire + hold position snipers = OH NOES
I always have them mobile and freefiring behind a screen of l1.
fix the can!
I was messing with core l1 V last game, and instead of teching just mass produced raiders and instigators to reasonable effect. nerfing the missle units HAS improved xta, because now you see all diffrent kinds of l1 strats, not just the boring missle push. concentrated misslefire is still useful but now a timely rush of intigators can save the day. do L1 core instagators and AKs use energy to fire? because thats a bit unfair seeing
1) arm mini fusion is better
2) arm l1 has a higher dps
3) arm l1 dosnt require energy to fire.
I only noticed somthing when I was E-stalling and none of my units were firing.

edit:

Can dps:77
can HP: 5010
can max speed: 1.2
can cost: 735M
can range = 400
time taken to destroy one zues that starts at max range and moves closer: roughly 40 seconds.

VS

Zeus dps: 131 dps
Zeus HP: 3100
max speed: 1.5
cost: 534M
range = 240
time taken to destroy one can that starts at itsmax range and the zues moves into range from this position: roughly 40 seconds.

Can costs 1.37 zeus's

1.37 zeus's makes 4200 hp and 179dps of zues for the same cost as 5010 HP of can and a measly 77dps of can. for a unit that was slow an own in OTA, its pretty suck now. even a slight dps boost would do it no end of favours, and im pretty sure it wont become unbalanced. its just so slow and expensive for what it costs.
Last edited by 1v0ry_k1ng on 18 Nov 2006, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Unit listings and all there values are linked to the #XTA channel under UNIT LIST.

I urge all XTA player to join this channel, especialy as its eayer to rally up a good game when all the players are in one place. To automaticly join the XTA chat channel just as u do to #MAIN do the following:

1)Open the tasclient
2)Click on options
3)Click on Server
4)Click on Perform
5)On the command section type this ` /J #XTA

( to creat this symbol # hold down shift + press 3)

6)Click on add
7)Apply and close
8)Restart the client and you will auto connect to #XTA channel!

Nice n simple and you will find the unit page link there. Which was created and hoasted by CHOJIN 8)

Ill have a look about what u mentioned l8ers. Right now im playing with the flak effect to make it better n bugging Noruas about more FX as usual. Also for your eyecandy pleasure u may wish to dribble over this linky:

http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewt ... c&start=20

Argh has got this nuke FX but is still working on it and seems willing to shair his work with all. After he finished his work on this i will do all i can to get Noruas to scail it up for our REALY BIG nuke. Ive always thought the nuke FX was lacking, well now u KNOW IT IS lmao :shock: :shock:
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Ow and while we work on the mod lemmy shair this pic. Hoasted by Chojin, n worked on by MYG and myself!

Its the newer com icons i mentioned a while back.

http://ipxserver.dyndns.org/friends/gizmo/ICONS.JPG

You may notice a slight differance :-)
FoeOfTheBee

Post by FoeOfTheBee »

[KnoX]ElementalGizmo wrote:Ow and while we work on the mod lemmy shair this pic. Hoasted by Chojin, n worked on by MYG and myself!

Its the newer com icons i mentioned a while back.

http://ipxserver.dyndns.org/friends/gizmo/ICONS.JPG

You may notice a slight differance :-)
I thought colorblind's original icons were pretty good...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Have you added the tag to make icons scale tot eh unit sizes? It looked borked when a krog gantry and a windgen had the same icon and same size.....
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

AF wrote:Have you added the tag to make icons scale tot eh unit sizes? It looked borked when a krog gantry and a windgen had the same icon and same size.....
Note previouse log:

"Seeming as the radius adjust was kinda crappy we are not including it in the next release.(was not in v8 either!) I will instead make a larger cube icon for the factorys, as this seemed to be the best thing about the feature mentioned."

The icons overlaped and coursed nothing but confution, another indervidual icon will be made to best suit the factories.

Ow and Noruas has done something rather beautifull. He hasnet manadged to develop on the other effect i found laying about on the wikibut this one is still just as yummy!

:!: CLICK ON LINK OR DIE :!:

http://ipxserver.dyndns.org/friends/giz ... 0d-gun.jpg
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

The picture makes it look ugly, Gizmo, you do know you can take springshots by pressing F12!
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

I think maybe a little to much glow on that one... a thinner version would look pucker!

aGorm
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

That's after 2 or 3 dguns, I think.

It lags me to hell :(

Stupid integrated.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

well i ran some tests on frame rate, with the current big version, after 30 dguns, my normal 45 frame rates were down to 12. (on lowest grahpics) Okay, but the dguns mark started to fade away. after the glows were gone, my frame rate was 24, because of the craters, when i took a captured shot of a com exploding, my screenrate dropped to 13! I remember on computers with less than 2.0 ghz, com exploding often lowers frame rate drasticly, so i will make it last lesser, and smaller circles!
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

That was YOUR screan shot Noruas lmao!
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Ow and someone wanted the viper beafed. I done some research and found these stats: (Conpaired to a sniper)

Corvipe

CORVIPE_LASER

weapon1=CORVIPE_LASER;

BuildCostEnergy=24519;
BuildCostMetal=2354;
BuildTime=32190;

range=1350;
reloadtime=3.5;
energypershot=1050;

[DAMAGE]

default=1431;

dps=408.8

****CONPAIR TO SNIPER****

armsnipe

weapon1=ARMSNIPE_WEAPON;

BuildCostEnergy=14727;
BuildCostMetal=935;
BuildTime=18758;

range=1100;
reloadtime=14;
energypershot=1000;

[DAMAGE]

default=2260

dps=161.4

Doesnt seem to need beefing to me!
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Yeah, it looks about right. I think it needs to be changed to a beam laser though.

Return to “Game Development”