XTA Development discussion - Page 8

XTA Development discussion

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Better then v7?

Poll ended at 08 Nov 2006, 03:04

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 28

pintle

Post by pintle »

NOiZE wrote: when there is a big wreck, aka Krogoth in the "no mans land" then no one will even attempt to get the wreck as it's just too hard to hold the land.
wasn't bragging :P
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Post by [KnoX]ElementalGizmo »

have a tab, n cool down pintle lolz.

I have contact from Veylon! :shock:

For those of you who dont know Veylon was developing a Kill/Loss window + tool bar for spring.

http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=3895

This is somewhat bugged in the l8est spring update. He says that he is working on the project with new code and commands ect....

Best of luck Veylon!
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Development:

1) Re-done the commy icons

2) Changed the radar jammer name (good find Napkin)

3) Changed the core fast-w damadge to account for 0.2sec reload time

4) Slight increase in cost for fast-w

5) Incorperated aGorms new load screens

Have yet to test out the changes and to test out myg's new flight model.

No one seems to want annything changed to the |v1 AA bots so nothing done.

Anny other suggestion conserning Hammer/Thud if anny ¿
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

in XTA 8 sometimes if a peewee starts walking it never stops, and it stands there on the spot once finished movign with its legs still moving about.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

in XTA 8 sometimes if a peewee starts walking it never stops, and it stands there on the spot once finished movign with its legs still moving about.
Ive noticed this when the new version of spring came out 73 version.
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

I have two more suggestions:

* Remove the last two endgame-messages! Not everyone is a Trekkie you know ... And having been eradicated by a full frontal attack has nothing, *nothing* to do with a sandwich being dropped in dilithium crystals :?

* Let the lvl1 AA kbots do their original (unnerfed) damage to airplanes, and the nerfed damage to ground-based units.
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

A little more damage to flying units would suit the missle-kbots well, I agree with Colorblind.

I do find those kill/quit messages funny and suggest to put a lot more of those in it :) Like stumbled over a Peewee or something like it. Sadly I am in no way creative enough to think of any good ones though.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

I have to admit the end game messages are my favorite bit about v8 lmao

The new com icons look much better now, and im sortin out the nuke icons to work on size basis n added them to the neutron & stunner emp :twisted:
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

Stark Trek != TA

For all I care they're outta here.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

A few changes >

we have a new flight model from MYG :!:

// Flight Model starts here

// Control Surface Characteristics
maxAileron=0.020; // "0.015", "UNITINFO\\maxAileron"); //turn speed around roll axis
maxBank=0.9; // "0.8", "UNITINFO\\maxBank"); //max roll
maxElevator=0.013; // "0.01", "UNITINFO\\maxElevator"); //turn speed around pitch axis
maxPitch=0.50; // "0.45", "UNITINFO\\maxPitch"); //max pitch this plane tries to keep
maxRudder=0.006; // "0.004", "UNITINFO\\maxRudder"); //turn speed around yaw axis
turnRadius=245; // "500", "UNITINFO\\turnRadius"); //hint to the ai about how large turn radius this plane needs

// Fuelselage/wing surface Characteristics
WingAngle=0.10; // "0.08", "UNITINFO\\WingAngle"); //angle between front and the wing plane
WingDrag=0.10; // "0.07", "UNITINFO\\WingDrag"); //drag caused by wings
Drag=0.010; // "0.005", "UNITINFO\\Drag"); //how fast the aircraft loses speed (see also below)
MaxVelocity=12;

// Engine Characteristics
BrakeRate=13;
Acceleration=1.2;

// In-flight specifics
Cruisealt=185;

// OLD
//MaxSlope=10;
//TurnRate=820;

// Flight model Ends here 8)

This means in basic term xta v8.1 fighter are awsome! We got full loop-D-loops now, bringing out more action + eyecandy.

Ive also changed the building icons so that they are size relaited. Seems slightly beter. (now u can find the factorys easyer!)

Also increased the com icons by 1/4 with newer vertions for clarity. Works very well and looks awsome :twisted:

Might be able to release tonight pending myg's free time (for the installer)

Ill post a proper change log when i got it all sorted.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Progress report?

And methinks we should revise the death messages.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

That kinda is the progress report lol.

I done all the things above, just got to try out some ENergy and Mexxer icons from FOEofthebee.

The windmills look awfull with the new radar so im gunna play about with that.

And just a small tinker about with the fast-w.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

How would you find the idea of the com getting more armour with experiace?
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

[KnoX]ElementalGizmo wrote:How would you find the idea of the com getting more armour with experiace?
How do you specify that? I mean, how does that can be done?

And what values are we talking about? (as in, how much exp does the comm usually gains now, how much armour does it means, how much armour gain are you thinking of instead?)
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Just an idea Noruas cooked up, he'd know how to do all that.

OW we are also considdering trying out bombers with bigger splash damadge. SO its more of an anty cluster of units bomber.

Also must include the anti vtol attack to |v1 vtol

And move the noself damadge tags to the weapons file not the fbi :oops:

OOOOOOPS
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

[KnoX]ElementalGizmo wrote:OW we are also considdering trying out bombers with bigger splash damadge. SO its more of an anty cluster of units bomber.
YES
pintle

Post by pintle »

P3374H wrote:
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo wrote:OW we are also considdering trying out bombers with bigger splash damadge. SO its more of an anty cluster of units bomber.
YES
NOES!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I vote that we return the scouters to their rightful palces ala OTA. Zipeprs and freakers are horribly overpwoered even in the current version and no amount of weapon nerfing can fix that. They're too fast and mobile for their hp, and they need a huge nerf on hp or a nerf on mobility.

Then there's the fact your making them competitive even at lvl 2. And even then your making freakers and zippers equal despite arm having a lvl 2 scouter the flea. The flea is actually worse than the zipper despite its lvl 2 spot, if anything the zipepr and the flea should be swapped so arm can have a cheap scouter at lvl 1 and a strong raider at lvl 2 and core just have expensive freakers at lvls 1+2. atm there is no reason to build fleas, they're not cost effective when you can build a zipper, which beleive it or not has more health than the flea.

Look at the flea in A/OTA/BOTA/etc destroyed by llt's in 1 shot, very cheap, weak weapon, fast to build, true scouters. Core doesnt have an equivilant at lvl 1

Also there is no reason for the proposterous notion that arm and core must be identical in everyway save weapons and models at lvl 1 kbots.

The zipper and freaker are lvl 2 units in a lvl 1 world, and the flea is a lvl 1 unit in a lvl 2 factory. It has less health, firepower, and size than the zipper, so why is it at lvl 2?

And if people feel its necessary for core to have a scouting unit or a raiding unit, whats wrong with the weasel or the instigator?
pintle

Post by pintle »

build crashers/jethros and they own zippers.

I think this whole zipper/freaker thing is getting blown out of proportion, they aren't that lethal at all; As i keep saying, peewee rushing is often way more devastating.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

That only works when you have 8-10 of them and they have a good clear open space for the zipper to waltz into, it took a lone jethro more than a minute to blow up a zipper sitting alone doing nothing. AK's are better at it but zippers can outrun them with ease.

And llt's take too long to blow them up, a zipper can easily run behind something quickly enough unless its a map like comet catcher.

And zippers(lvl1) > fleas(lvl2), they're cheaper, stronger, more firepower, quicker to build, similair mobility.

Return to “Game Development”