XTA Development discussion - Page 3

XTA Development discussion

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Better then v7?

Poll ended at 08 Nov 2006, 03:04

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 28

pintle

Post by pintle »

sabbel, this has been discussed and is being adressed. Flame somewhere else please
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I think A-team stencil font should be used for the logo. <3<3 A-team <3<3

on a better note, Im happy with the zippers now that they cant take out several players in a row thanks to the low regen. I think the core w-fast as been nerfed stupidly though.. it should be nerfed in proportion, as it is more expensive.. maybe make its attack that of the old zipper (34)
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Stencil?!?!?! Well, a bit old school, but I'll do a verient with it for comparison. I rekon it will look a tad out of place though.

aGorm
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

To the XTA maintainers at the moment (i actually don't really know who they all are), XTA is definetly the most hardcore mod available! You must realise the demand this small comunity of very hard core players will put onto it.
pintle wrote:We should have a discussion in #xta about the load screen tips, and maybe a seperate thread about it. I feel the tips, while useful, ...
I think so. For example the one about shore bombardement (he will most likely have no subs, and torpedo planes are actually worst than brawlers. hmmm, that actually needs changing...).

About the Freaker downing, i think you have not taken into account that the Freaker has a diferent reload time of the Zipper (they had the same amount of Dmg/sec before you changed them). I only noticed this recently while messing with mods. Not to mention it's slower mobility (Turn Rate and Speed?) and maybe diferent cost.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Post by [KnoX]ElementalGizmo »

The fast-w were not perfect by any means.

Due to lack of testing and continuas requests the mod was released a tad early.

And no i did not know they both do the same dmg per second. I shall have a look into this!

Obviously ballance issues are the main aim, eyecandy comes in second. It is and shall be ALWAYS first and formost about the game play.
If you have suggestions about what you think the stats should be please shair them.

FOE suggest some time ago that the fast-w should be halfed in health; and fire power. What do the people think of this?

(also he has some nice mexer + fution icons, although i will experiment with making a lighting bolt for the fution myself on the weekend)

Further updates? Expect them to be produced on weekends and released on mondays.

LONG LIVE XTA
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Post by [KnoX]ElementalGizmo »

+1 for A-TEAM font

(as a veriant at least annyways)
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

[KnoX]ElementalGizmo wrote:...
FOE suggest some time ago that the fast-w should be halfed in health; and fire power. What do the people think of this?
I don't think that is a good idea. If Zippers/Freakers get so much decreased that they become useless, you might as well remove them entirely.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

OK, on the left... just logo ideas, including the original, which I still like (I rekon the last ones next best though)

On the right... spruced up logos as they might apear in load screeans ect... First ones the old one again (only.... white on white dont work so I turned it blue... but colour is unimportant at the mo)

Rest are just.... well, differnt looks.

I Will do some with the stencil font... as soon as I remeber to bring my font disk home :-) .

Now feel free to coment. "I dont like them" is alowed. (but no "YOU SUX")

I'll do some load screens with them later (Im on holiday over the weekend , but I will have all monday to do what I want (including these))

aGorm

aGorm
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

YOU SUX

..I like the second set.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I love the bottom two on the left. either would be own.
pheldens

Post by pheldens »

is it the version in the SVN trunk?
Lindir The Green

Post by Lindir The Green »

I like the top ones and the bottom ones the best.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

the most bottom metal one to the left, is hawt!
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Ok, either I mixed up left and right there, or your saything the plain colour one (on the left) is metal??

Personly I like the last ones style best at the mo. Im thinking in red though maybe.... would stand out more on most screens (as grass is green and sky is blue (in general)

aGorm
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Somthing more like this...

aGorm
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

Looks nice, good choices. I'd like to suggest to remove the border around it though. Borders just take up space...
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I like the border. But I have found speeling mistakes. Can I keep them? 8)
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Holy crap, three spelling mistakes.. Comander, realy, and obviosly..
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Keep the background border, but make it like a box, instead of taking the entire side, 8) thats how i see it.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

The logo i liked best is the top one.

Return to “Game Development”