FLamethrowers and Random EE discussion..

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

WHY is my flamethrower doing this.. I have the projectile speed at 100 and the range at 400 and perhaps the sprayangle should be reduced to 4000 from 14000, but why does the flame particle get huge and fly off all over the place like retarded clouds..

Last edited by Fanger on 19 Oct 2006, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I lol'd... That looked hilarious..

Sorry for not being constructive..
Argh

Post by Argh »

Groundbounce?
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

no I figured out what it was.. basically DO Not set your flamethrower weapons to have a sprayangle higher than maybe 1000 if your intend for them to have a range longer than 200ish.. or they DO that.. which is made of fail...

thanks for bearing with my stupidity..
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Fang, grab the latest TGAs from the bitmaps.sdz if you are overriding them. That fixes the odd looks. TGAs with an alpha channel cause this, they need a black background and the latest flame textures have one.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

new EE models.. *drools*
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:new EE models.. *drools*
meh

they still look quite all the same.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Do that for the GD lasers as well.
Otherwise its not balanced.

What is this structure that has lost like 5% health? (ground radar?)
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

I wasnt trying to get that effect for my flamethrower I was trying to not get that effect.. and NOIZE I didnt ask for a critique of my models.. so bugger off..

And Rattle, those are the latests bitmap stuffs, I took those from nanoblobs, because I liked the effect..
knorke

Post by knorke »

actually, that was meant as a joke. i just like your mod.
sorry for the spam, won't do it again :roll:
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

NOiZE wrote:
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:new EE models.. *drools*
meh

they still look quite all the same.
opinions...
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

alright before this retarded drama goes any further, Ive fixed the problem, lock/delete this or what have you.. no further nonsense is merited..
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Models look good, IMO. It's hard to come up with completely fresh material, not based on something else.

Why not post the weapon file, me or Argh will find what's wrong. (whoever sees it first)
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

Fang figured it out a while ago, post #4 to be exact. The thread is done.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

thanks for the offer, caydr, however as I am trying to say I have resolved the problem.. and I just dont want this to escalate into some sort of drama over EE, or models, or whathave you, because someone who likes my mod made a harmless, yet off topic post..
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Fanger wrote:and NOIZE I didnt ask for a critique of my models.. so bugger off..
Well in fact 1v0ry_k1ng gave comments first, so i thought i can give my opinion as well.
Last edited by NOiZE on 19 Oct 2006, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

But he said nice things.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

NO what you should have done, is repremended Ivory for going off topic.. so now we have a stupid lame drama... INCASE some of you cant read the name of the topic was Flamethrowers Screwing Up...? and I asked for help on fixing my flamethrower weapon, NOT comments on my models, balancing scheme, interior decorating and so forth..

I solved the problem myself though I do thank anyone who tried to actually help.. the rest of this farce of comments and retardation should not have been instigated by a fricking moderator..
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Fanger wrote:NO what you should have done, is repremended Ivory for going off topic.. so now we have a stupid lame drama... INCASE some of you cant read the name of the topic was Flamethrowers Screwing Up...? and I asked for help on fixing my flamethrower weapon, NOT comments on my models, balancing scheme, interior decorating and so forth..

I solved the problem myself though I do thank anyone who tried to actually help.. the rest of this farce of comments and retardation should not have been instigated by a fricking moderator..
i complained several times on going offtopic on this forums, i find it highly annoying, but it seems ppl find it normal here. I just followed Ivory....
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

Oh really, aha I see.. thank you for that... And people wonder why Me and a bunch of other people went over to do most of our posting at smoths site... because at least there we can get something done without "comments".. I wish people would learn that their opinions are not like candy, they definately dont need to be giving them out to everyone they see...

Return to “Game Development”