[Delete me !]

[Delete me !]

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Crampman

[Delete me !]

Post by Crampman »

Sorry, this post was useless.

This mod does not exists anymore.

Don't worry, SpikedHelmet will make far better than a little shit, isn't it ?
Last edited by Crampman on 12 Oct 2006, 16:09, edited 3 times in total.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Are you going to merge with Epic Legions in the forseeable future?
espylaub

Post by espylaub »

Screenshots?
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

First impressions:

Units are ugly as fuck with OTA textures. However, the models are fairly good. There is a lot of nice scripting (moving tracks, Sentinel walking sound) but seems lacking in other areas (Sentinel walking animation is ugly, Basilisk needlessly moves its entire hull like a turret, cannons don't recoil, other small things). IMO this was too raw to release -- you didn't even tell us that there's only one Commander (so trying to start with Commanders crashes), nor did you specify the unitname of the single Commander so that we can .give, instead I was forced to open the mod file and find it myself, which pissed me off.

You need textures like this:

But I'm not going to do it for you.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

well that was... :roll:

Anyway will test this tomorrow. Honestly when we (as in me neddie and a few others) said we wanted to test we meant a bit further down the road :P but once i test ill post a little more.

Spike not everyone is blessed with ur talent. Give the guy a break.
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

What? All I did was say I'm not going to help him in the least bit. And besides, I'm not that good a texture "artist". Infact, on the grand scale of texturing skills, I'm probably a 3. 4 tops. Just because most everyone else in this mod community is absolutely talentness doesn't mean my meager skills are a "blessing". :lol:
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Post some screenshots if you want ppl to try it.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

That's pretty cool. A lot of scripts need fixing though.

- Leman Russ cannon does not return to x-axis 0
- Baneblade and (almost) all the other LR variants use the wrong firepoint to emit the flare/smoke when the maingun and a bolter turret is shooting
- etc...
SpikedHelmet wrote:Sentinel walking animation is ugly
You polish up your infantry first :P
I kinda like it.
Crampman

Post by Crampman »

Ok, SpikedHelmet, you won.

Happy ?

@Rattle
The wrong flare emitting is a Spring bug, occuring when 2 weapons fire at the same time.
Last edited by Crampman on 12 Oct 2006, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Oh comon, don't do that, just ignore him please. There are a lot of people who liked the mod the way it was.

I especially like the way you did the bolter (and other) shots, didn't think of it before.
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

here i liked this mod. I mean i'm more than happy with it and face if i'd rather have a mod come out today than a mod come out in a years time. The mod in a years time sure will look shineyer but if you have it out already you can work on it fix any bugs you have and end up with it better than thos mod that would come out in a years time.
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

I liked it too. I just didn't like the hijacking thing. You should continue it, it had a lot of promise.
Ok, SpikedHelmet, you won.

Happy ?
Happy that you removed all of the pimping of your mod in the other thread? Yes. Happy that you're quitting? No.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Spiked your the only one who was complaining. and ur post in this thread isn't exactly nice.

Also did he even ask for ur help? i don't think he did and yet u tell him he can't have it :?

you could have not posted and things would have been a lot better.

Crampman continue working on this and don't release it until ur ready. I think thats what me, rattle, and neddie wanted. We didn't want you to release immeadiately just that when u were ready we got a chance to test.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I saw some screen shots of this on Smoth's forum, and damn it looks good. I really want to download it, and now the link is gone, much to my annoence.

Please keep making this mod. I'd hate to see it ripped apart in its infancy...
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Well now you stupid fucks have made me feel bad.

CRAMPMAN DON'T LEAVE. I'll even help you with texturing.
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Some constructive stuff:

There is no wrong flare emitting bug that I know of -- when I made my Leman Russ (and Annihilator and Pred and Chimera with its 8 weapons) I saw no instance of this.

Your problems may be due to a misnamed piece on the Leman Russ models, specifically, the left heavy bolter is called "l_st_hbolter" when it should be "l_sp_hbolter" as it is called in the script.

Secondly, you don't need those massive flare models -- an empty piece would suffice (not that it matters, but it makes it look more orderly).

Third, for turreted weapons you should use turret>mantle>barrel>flare. Have the mantle do the turning on the x-axis. This leaves the barrel free to recoil in the Fire script, whereas right now the mantle and barrel is one object. I've found its more flexible using a mantle.

Is the Leman Russ turret really that thin? Meh, I guess I still prefer the older model tanks... like the original Hellhound :(

I really like the Sentinel's booming footsteps. You should do the same for all tanks as well, by looping engine noise/tracks squealing/generic tank sounds (and have it play an idle engine sound when not moving!).

Why did you choose Sentinel as commander and not Salamander? Have you thought about using Sal as Commander and Sentinel as a level 2 engineer?

If you want help with the Sentinel walking scripts I'd like to make my attitude up to you by helping you out.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Locked as per request.

Crampman: By his own admission SpikedHelmet was out of line and irrelevant of that he isn't a reasonable representative of this community. It doesn't say alot about you that you don't have the thinkness of skin to deal with this kind of thing maturely. I'm utterly fed up with the dramatics centered around content creators in this community, and I'm disappointed that I have to lock this thread. I just wanted to make that clear.

Return to “Game Development”