Gundam logo poll.

Gundam logo poll.

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Which logo do you like the most..

50%
12%
19%
17%
mine!(if you choose this option post your gundam logo)
2%

Total votes: 42

smoth

Gundam logo poll.

Post by smoth »

I need to pick a logo...

1:
2:
3:
4:

Feel free to say why or submit your own if you have a logo that you think will suit the mod..
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

I like the 1st, except the colout of the larger text.. what does white look like?

steer clear of the second - to me it reads Gund Ham nnihilation
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

And yet I was the only one who like the fourth one. All it needs is to have red and white bars, rather then just gray and black. You know...like how it is in real life, with the warning stripes.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I like number 3.
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

I voted for number one. But incaser you wanted something crummily drawn in paint, I decided to beat min3mat and post a paintmade masterpiece.

It may not be entirely accurate. I last played Gundam about 2 months ago :O

smoth

Post by smoth »

lol, yeah I updated the mod with deth beemz! so you are too late :P!
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

DETHRAYZ?!?

I should play Gundam more then. I didn't realise it had Dethrayz in!
Noruas
XTA Developer

meh

Post by Noruas »

Yeah make one that looks like the logo of G Gundam, that was the only series i liked of Gundam, the rest can burn in hell. i choose logo 1
Last edited by Noruas on 20 Jul 2006, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Gundam Wing was best, by far!

I will choose 4 :P
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

3 because it has impact. The 4th looks tacky, the first looks wierd with the lowercase lettering, and the second looks ordinary nothing special
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

First one is the cleanest and most professional, I feel. The third one is good too though. Second and fourth seem silly/busy/more difficult to read to me, but I'm not a designer/artist/logo maker type.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Maybe a little bit toyish but...

Another approach, little bit less OTA
Last edited by rattle on 21 Jul 2006, 01:44, edited 2 times in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

can't use the ota annihilation...

I am just attaching annihilation to the mod name so that it has bit of zing to it.

I still just call it gundam.
smoth

Post by smoth »

it is still based on someone elses work. It needs to be done from scratch in order to avoid legal issues.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

To set the record straight, I feel like Gundam as an anime has never lived up to the potential in the original concept; to whit, the lives of civilians in contrast to mecha battles over dominion of Earth. G Gundam and Gundam Wing have both been rather poor, overstocked with clip footage and absurd writing. I'm not a big fan of Gundam Seed either.

The third was my choice because it places the Mod as it is, a Gundam RTS. Gundam is not about Annihilation. It is about mecha warfare in an alternate future behind the interaction of civilians and the effects of war upon them.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I've actually only seen about....ten to thirteen seconds of a Gundam Show. Not so sure about witch one, but it was when the White Base (I keep wanting to call it a White Star, but thats just crazy talk) like gets out these HUGE flack cannons and just blow something or other to smithereens. And I was like: "Thats kind of cool". Then there was a commercial for Pepsi (Done by Bitchnie Spears) and I immediately collapsed due to a massive anurisem.
smoth

Post by smoth »

neddiedrow wrote:TThe third was my choice because it places the Mod as it is, a Gundam RTS. Gundam is not about Annihilation. It is about mecha warfare in an alternate future behind the interaction of civilians and the effects of war upon them.

Giren/Ghiren's goal was annihilation of earthnoids... akin to hitler..
Pxtl

Hmmm

Post by Pxtl »

Personally, I'd be droppign the word "annihilation" altogether, and giving Spring props. After all, you shoudl be proud of your Cavedog-freeness. But stylistically, I like (2) best. You could work in the Japanese text of the title too, if you wanted to do the "mixed-language" title thing.

Gundam in Japanese (I assume, the japanese text in the shot below is in all the Gundam titles):

Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I like the V.
smoth

Post by smoth »

yeah that is V gundam... about uc 120 something ...

@Pxtl, problem is that "gundam rtspring"/ "gundam spring" sounded bad... so I tried "gundam rts"...

Not sure about that though.

Return to “Game Development”