Does AA need a level 2 anti air kbot? - Page 3

Does AA need a level 2 anti air kbot?

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Does AA need a level 2 anti air kbot?

Badly!
16%
Yes
31%
Mabye
19%
No
34%

Total votes: 74

Theotherguy

Post by Theotherguy »

I don't think its needed, and if it is included, you should give vehicles another perk to make them more useful.

Now what I would really love to see is a level 3 mobile long-range missile vehicle.
hawkki

Post by hawkki »

if a such unit is added i would say it should be short ranged and not as effective as the flakker.
Exit69

Post by Exit69 »

Isn`t needed IMO. Go fighters. Go L1 AA bots. Go whatever you want...
Just what are you going to ask for next? L3 Air? Coz AA is Uber?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I think the argument that fewer but stronger units are better to manage is a good one so a bot that's simply a number of L1 AA units taped together would make sense. Especially since those could form much more compressed firepower
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

If there is going to be a level 2 aa bot then a mobile-packo type unit would seem ok, but I still don't think it's needed...
KlavoHunter

Post by KlavoHunter »

I like this idea, though the PackO sucks against Gunships. :P
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Pack0 are those SAM sites right... they are pretty good vs gunships!
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

omgz the level 2 aa kbot must take out gunships in 1 hit!!"1!!"12 omgzzzzz!"12!£"132132132132

This argument that 'everything should be able to kill everything else is f***ing bulls**t and really starting to annoy me. I have a lot of faith in Cadyr doing the right thing but jesus I can't believe how much shite people are spouting.

"the PackO sucks against Gunships."

Would you be referring to a 50-brawler swarm vs 1 packo?
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Acidd_UK wrote:omgz the level 2 aa kbot must take out gunships in 1 hit!!"1!!"12 omgzzzzz!"12!£"132132132132

This argument that 'everything should be able to kill everything else is f***ing bulls**t and really starting to annoy me. I have a lot of faith in Cadyr doing the right thing but jesus I can't believe how much shite people are spouting.

"the PackO sucks against Gunships."

Would you be referring to a 50-brawler swarm vs 1 packo?
Haha, true, pack-0 are useful against planes, 3 to 1 or so, be them brawlers or whatever....

I can't stand it...

Everyone thinks that this unit should kill this one, then they get to the killed unit and say "Make it more powerful!" and keep ponging it back and forth, shit, if it's so damn easy to submit changes like that then why were mods made in the first place? Give *PROBLEMS* with balancing or

MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN MODS TO BALANCE!!!!
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

what's eating you guys?
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

[quote]MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN MODS TO BALANCE!!!![/quote]
Alright, and when im done, ill post it on fileuniverse.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Noruas wrote:[quote]MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN MODS TO BALANCE!!!!

Alright, and when im done, ill post it on fileuniverse.[/quote]
Hey wow, I never thought of that! Yeah, me too, see you guys in a year or so...

Mad props to the people who actually pull mod making off (Gogo Caydr +1!), but most of us don't have the time.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I was joking, kinda
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

No im serious, the mod is called AA: NOoBer Variant
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

Introducing a new mod AC - absolutely confusing. I will use all the same units as AA and then make every change to game balance that is requested by anybody. If there are contradictory changes requested, then whichever is requested most often. And add any new unit as long as someone supplies the model and script.

j/k of course.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Hmm, while it would be nice to have an AA capable l2 kbot, having one that is notably good at stoping planes would be a fault in my opinion. Somthing along the lines of the panther.

Not of high importance though
Sgt Doom

Post by Sgt Doom »

Have an air force. Simple.

Stealth fighters eat other aircraft.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Exit69 wrote:Isn`t needed IMO. Go fighters. Go L1 AA bots. Go whatever you want...
Just what are you going to ask for next? L3 Air? Coz AA is Uber?
We already got that. Karganeth. (Please don't F'ing nerf it just cause I said its cool, theres a diffrence between useful and overpowered, and this things useful)
Have an air force. Simple.

Stealth fighters eat other aircraft.
See, this is the kind of talk that im agaisnt. FORCING people to go a certain side to counter a general unit. Totally deemeens the purpose of anti air. That is a bad thing and AA should not have it.

Also, people are talking about a mobile packo, I was thinking more of a mobile eradicater (anti bomber) with shorter range. Not to much of a diffrence, but I find packos to be kinda useless against lvl 2.
I don't think its needed, and if it is included, you should give vehicles another perk to make them more useful.

Now what I would really love to see is a level 3 mobile long-range missile vehicle.
if a such unit is added i would say it should be short ranged and not as effective as the flakker.
These are good suggestions. Kbots should not be more powerful then vechs, and definatly not as much as the static defenses.
The lvl 3 LRML is a cool idea...but since LRML's are lvl 2, it'l need some buffing to be a decent lvl 3 unit.
MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN MODS TO BALANCE!!!!
I just love saying this... U PHAIL NOOB. :twisted:
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

"Phail" at what?

I'm making my own mod, I am the one who chooses balances...

I can do whatever borders what you want and what I want, making a balanced mod...

However are you just a Player of TA Spring, don't do much else? Go and post it on my poll :P
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

I don't think it is really necessary, but if a lvl2 AA kbot is added it should either be pretty weak or have some other weakness, such as being very very slow or have a long reload.
Perhaps a very slow but still somewhat mobile Scream-Kbot that reloads as slow as the screamer proper does and costs a lof of money. Yeah, that would be a cool unit, though perhaps not very balanced or thought over.

Return to “Game Development”