New Mod: Scrap Metal Battles

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

mualjtaulur

Post by mualjtaulur »

First of all this is my first post in here, I have been reading this forum for many months now but now I truly feel that I need to announce something.
I'm starting a new mod project called Scrap Metal Battles or simply SMB/Smeb. I just need to inform here because I don't want to read about someones great new project that has same concept as my mod, damn I'm sceptical, lol. :roll: I'm building this mod in my sparetime as an hobby so this might take awhile to complete.

Scrap metal battles are located in near future where the prophecies of The Terminator movies have come true and machines have taken the control, but wait, this is not enough, at the time when Machines started to enslave Human race, highly advanced breed of Aliens just sneaked to earth in purpose to take over the power.

All the battles are fought with tanks/mechs/cars/UFOs

Humans make their warmachines from everything they can find, result is somehow like Mad Max movies.

Machines have effective assemblylines where they produce lots of bitching warriors.

Aliens have taken the technology with them, everyting is made with quality driving over the amount.

Sounds like a clich├â┬®, well it mostly is. But I think that I still have a few aces in my sleeve :roll:

Basicly I'm going to borrow few Ultra-cool machines from movies and games and then ad few of my own ideas. Of course I'm making all the models by my self as good as I can.

I have nothing yet to show you, but soon as I get something done I'll be posting it right up.

Good ideas are always welcome.
(please be gental I'm new, lol)
Last edited by mualjtaulur on 31 Mar 2006, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Well, nice idea. A good mod starts with a good idea. THen it's the whole Modeling, texturing, scripting, balencing part...
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

you might want to look to Metaltech:Earthseige for inspiration. Basically, robots try to take over, nearly decimate humankind, but they fight back. The technology looks really gritty too, but it almost exclusively used mech-like walkers though.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Crazy.... sounds just like the mod i was gonna start... but you got here first so dont worry!! Sounds like it could be good.

aGorm
mualjtaulur

Post by mualjtaulur »

I'm breaking the silence.
YEAAH! I finally got something done, not very much and nothing cool but atleast something to show.

I got the ultra-cool sidepics..

And a sucky video of first unit in game, not yet textured
http://media.putfile.com/SMB-first-unit-test
you can also see my cursors that don't want to work yet

Return to “Game Development”