1208 Maintenance - Decloak range is not causing decloak

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Is this a known issue or am I the only one that is having trouble with it?
Last edited by Forboding Angel on 10 May 2019, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
ThinkSome

Re: 1208 Maintenance - Decloak rage is not causing decloak

Post by ThinkSome »

I think we have the same problem in s44+1218. In addition to this, some of the cloaked units are intermittedly decloaking - "blinking".

Was this issue not there in some previous engine version? If so, which one?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: 1208 Maintenance - Decloak rage is not causing decloak

Well, shit.

Yes the blinking issue is present in Evo as well. Worked fine in 104.0, but at this point 104.0 is so far in the rearview that I might as well say that it worked fine a year ago.

Cloak is vital to an entire tech tree (and a branch of defense) in evo. It not working is quite literally game breaking.

Does anyone have more information on this?
Kloot
Spring Developer

Re: 1208 Maintenance - Decloak range is not causing decloak

Post by Kloot »

Control over (de)cloaking behavior was handed to Lua, check https://github.com/Balanced-Annihilatio ... amaged.lua for example code.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: 1208 Maintenance - Decloak range is not causing decloak

I have to say that I'm a little bothered that this was moved to lua without gadgets in place to restore the original behavior.

Tobi used to do this and it was really awesome. I realize that you likely don't want to deal with writing gadgets every time you move something over (if for no other reason than it sucks, it's boring, and it's not fun by any stretch of the imagination), and I get that, but without it, you risk essentially (unintentionally) throwing a lot of people overboard and putting them in really rough positions.

In my case, it's fairly catastrophic in the fact that the game isn't really playable without it. Rock, meet hard place.

Return to “Game Development”