TA CTG - 'Capture the Gate' - Page 2

TA CTG - 'Capture the Gate'

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

You want it / think it will work?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 25

zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

But then every 12 days you can build a new commander!
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

Optimus Prime wrote:
Kixxe wrote:Um... btw.. how do you stop the flag from makeing sevral commanders?
if the flag shall only build one commander and nothing more, thats easy by scripting. Just add the line sleep 999999999; behind the line where a unit is built. Dont know which line exactly, but my teleporter worked a bit this way.
a better way to do this is declare a var as "have_built", initialize it as 0 in create(), and in the build script, write in the beginning

while(have_built){
sleep 1;
}

and have_built = 1; at the end

it should then sleep forever :P
b1ind

Post by b1ind »

Cool idea. What about if defenses were highly dependant upon energy. That way, you would have to arrange to be able to take out energy producers while managing a flag assault! If you're interested, its just another option to experiment with.

This would be very fun to play at home and school.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

TheRegisteredOne wrote:...
while(have_built){
sleep 1;
}
Execution of the "while" condition is probably slower than the execution of a "sleep" order so it would probably be faster to:

while(have_built){
sleep 9999...;
}

Making it sleep forever but only making the "while" check .. almost never but the first time.
TheRegisteredOne

yea, i suppose :P
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Until I can figure out what the hell is going on with the ARMGATE unit, this mod = on hold. I have a lingering suspicion that commanders are hardcoded into being mobile
TheRegisteredOne

BMcode=0; ?
patmo98

Post by patmo98 »

What about making the flag be commander=1 and the correct unit id. Then you could change the commander to not be commander=1 and change the unitid to be something else. I think this would fix the reclam problem, because I don't think commanders can be reclamed. With a high enough damage multiplier, health, autoregen and a short range free deflector, (about 50px) it would be almost invournable. Then set its max speed to about .00001. This would also fix the storage problem, because the gate would be a commander.

Edit: I remember a "soft" or "hard" mutator for TA:M that would allow you to do something like this. Does commander=1 make your unit invounerable to capture?
Guessmyname wrote:Hmm. Haven't done some tweaking, Spring thinks the Gate is a mobile unit (despite its lack of movement tags and canmove=0; in the fbi).

Flozi, spring doesn't go nuts when more than one unit has the commander=1; tag.

Other things to do:
Make Gate invincible
Get Gate to build stuff (not my forte. See the thread about the buggy Psychasi commander that refuses to build. Still not been able to fix that by the way)
Poke devs into including a cannotbereclaimed tag (having checked, isn't there)
Poke devs into making it so that the commanders being mobile unit is not hardcoded (I'm guessing thats the problem)
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

You can reclaim/capture commanders in Spring. So setting commander=1 would not work.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

TheRegisteredOne wrote:BMcode=0; ?
Already there

Return to “Game Development”