New Mod/Conversion: GEAR COMMANDER - Page 15

New Mod/Conversion: GEAR COMMANDER

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Nice!
Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

Nice work, your texxing skills have improved alot! :-)
Aun

Post by Aun »

Couldn't you have used models for the missiles on the turret instead of just using a flat texture? It looks much better imo.
centurion-1

Post by centurion-1 »

Yes, but the polycount would be much higher for a small benefit in looks, so no. It's always a tradeoff, especially with strategy games.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Looking awesome!

Any ETA on this mod?
centurion-1

Post by centurion-1 »

ETA?
Well, who knows really 8)

I was shooting for a august public beta release but i have not gotten all the features i wanted in place and i havent even begun closed beta testing so currently we are looking at perhaps early october, maybe... It really depends how busy ill be in school and so. Still, there are alot of features already in place that i didnt think would make it to Beta 1, so once you do get to play i dont think youll be disappointed.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Take as long as you need for a good game.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Yeah, rushing things is really bad, you see this every day with commercial games.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

looking good man, if you need any more work just email me.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Looking kewl. Glad to hear you will be near a beta phase soon.
centurion-1

Post by centurion-1 »

Hi!
I just wanted to write a few lines, tomorrow im leaving early in the morning for crete for a week, aaahhh well earned vacation 8) (from my real job that is, GC is probably what I'll be thinking about while improving my tan.. sad :roll: :wink: )
Its great to see all the positive input, if I never had shown this mod to public and/or gotten this much positive feedback I dont think i would have bothered to get this far and Im still determined to get it done. So, you, the "fans" are a great help and im honestly looking forward to releasing this more than you most likely, even if its a bit scary too, in the screenshots i can be a bit selective, once you get the real deal you'll see all the good and not so good spots yourself.

Centurion 1 out,
see you in a week 8)
Mars Keeper

Post by Mars Keeper »

You deserve it man 8)
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

something waiting for you when you get back :P
this is Version 2 much better details
Last edited by bobthedinosaur on 28 Aug 2006, 03:04, edited 2 times in total.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Oooh. Orca.

They can carry a lot of stuff, note. I think the numbers we arrived at were 2 infantry squads and 10 Gears or 3 Striders or 1 big Stirder or 6 Badgers or 3 Klemms or 1 Aller.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

really? they are that big? ugg maybe i should add more detail :/
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

32m long, 27m wide. They're pretty big.
HAARP

Post by HAARP »

Sweet zombie jesus this mod is looking incredible! Why didn't I see it earlier?
centurion-1

Post by centurion-1 »

HEllo!
I'm back from vacation now, and back in sweden. Had my first day at school today and everything is returning to normality now. Soon I should be able to resume work on the mod, and thats good!
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

hooray for home! hooray for school! hooray (particularly) for sweden! but most of all hooray for mod! :wink:
DarKev

Post by DarKev »

Hello

I've just found this site and this project after trying a search in GOOGLE that was a real long shot; GEAR COMMANDER.

You see I was in my basement last night cleaning out some old boxes of models, games and such and I ran across some DP-9 heavy gear minis and the mechcommander 2 hintbook.

So to have this search result in this amazing reality is simple incredible. The pictures I have seen are "OUTSTANDING" and I can't wait to see the finished product.

One question, what version of T.A. do I have to fine and purchase in anticipation of the release of this MOD.

Thanks

DarKev

Return to “Game Development”