Looking for a team

Looking for a team

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

MudBlood

Looking for a team

Post by MudBlood »

I am looking for a volunter team to create the demo of this game, a FanGame of the legend Game (BattleRealms), If you are interest pm me.
Looking for :
-Graphic Designer
-Map Designer
-Sound Editor
Let's make it happen :)
Google_Frog

Re: Looking for a team

Post by Google_Frog »

You are going to have to offer people something in return for helping you. Perhaps you can present a grand vision for the game that inspires people to see it done. It helps to have a working prototype both to show that you are invested and competent enough to see the project though, it also gives people a chance to test your vision. These a quite hard hurdles to overcome so most games are made with money instead of competence or vision.

Everyone here who would want to create something is probably already creating their own thing. It is highly likely that, for your game to be made, you will need to be a one person team and at least know a bit about each of the jobs. This will take a lot of work and investment. Some people were working on a fantasy RTS a few years ago and there is a slim chance that they will appear and share their models. However, this would only get you started. People on this forum will generally respond to specific questions as you learn how to create a game, they are not going to drop their own projects.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Oh yes. We just loooooove IdeaGuys.
Floris

Post by Floris »

Is there any idea guy from the past that has 'made it' ?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Afaik no "idea guy" has ever appeared out of the ether and discovered someone willing to make a game for them. Some of them did make their own ideas.
hokomoko
Spring Developer

Post by hokomoko »

the point is that when an 'idea guy' makes something he evolves to the next pokemon: 'one man army' so technically he's not an idea guy anymore.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I was a idea guy once.
Make them write code, they shall make a Unit that says Hello World on doing the first step.
Then we shall talk.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Sounds to me like he will be the programmer, as he left that position out.
Anyway, idea guys have done stuff, I remember an imgur post about a battletech game made by an idea guy (he assembled the team and got everything to happen)

Return to “Game Development”