Star Wars space mod? - Page 6

Star Wars space mod?

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Star Wars space mod?

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Where do you think a lot of the inspiration comes from? :P

As i've told Argh, 50% of the reason I chose Star Wars universe was because I don't have the time, energy, creativity, attention span, resources, etc, to think up my own grandiose universe. Better to just nab one that's already been thought out the wazoo but still has room for creative compromise.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

needs more rebel ship
converted bulk cruisers !
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Don't forget the rabid fanboys that'll play your game and profess it's majesty irrespective of the actual worth of it's content ;)
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:IW is better
Fix'd :wink:
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Spiked: 2 suggestions.

1: If you need more ship ideas, there's always Wookiepedia :P

2: Perhaps remove the "Crash on death" state for fighters, but for big ships like Star Destroyers, keep it, allow the ships to drift, and render them neutral, so they can be captured, like derelicts :D

After all, even in the EU cannon (Which isn't always regarded as accurate, but is interesting), the Rebels had a few stolen star destroyers they'd recovered from derelict.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

BlackLiger wrote:Spiked: 2 suggestions.

1: If you need more ship ideas, there's always Wookiepedia :P

2: Perhaps remove the "Crash on death" state for fighters, but for big ships like Star Destroyers, keep it, allow the ships to drift, and render them neutral, so they can be captured, like derelicts :D

After all, even in the EU cannon (Which isn't always regarded as accurate, but is interesting), the Rebels had a few stolen star destroyers they'd recovered from derelict.
SDs would probably be gunships. Of course you can give them wreckages like all other units but crashing wouldn't be the way to go.
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

tbh I like the way ships die in THIS <_< very much epic

though capturing and boarding ships would be a "part" of gameplay, so Rebels could capture Imperial ships.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

SpikedHelmet wrote:tbh I like the way ships die in THIS <_< very much epic
I tried to make it look like Haegemonia's death explosions though it didn't work out very well.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

if you want more models or workers you might head over to the rebellion site that hosts the sins and home world SW mods. there are lots of modders working on various projects and im sure there are models with the right poly count that some people might be willing contribute, granting you give them credits and ask nicely.

maybe not tho some modders are stingy bastards..

Return to “Game Development”