Maximum Annihilation? - Page 3

Maximum Annihilation?

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Master-Athmos

Re: Maximum Annihilation?

Post by Master-Athmos » 03 Sep 2013, 21:08

Updating the mod itself should take a week I guess. The new units also should require quite some time. When getting frustrated while texturing I might throw some "dummy textures" at them and release earlier...

With that said I wouldn't expect anything until the end of September...
0 x

varikonniemi

Post by varikonniemi » 13 Oct 2013, 13:33

I think this thread is another testament to the fact that Spring needs to stop changing things that are not broken. Seriously.

The first such change i care to point out is in the upcoming 95. Do not stop to look for content in the old locations when the new ones are introduced!!!
0 x

FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi » 13 Oct 2013, 14:06

varikonniemi wrote:I think this thread is another testament to the fact that Spring needs to stop changing things that are not broken. Seriously.

The first such change i care to point out is in the upcoming 95. Do not stop to look for content in the old locations when the new ones are introduced!!!
<Insert witty photo of Amish barn raising.>

Many things change and for many reasons, most of them are very good reasons if you actually follow what is going on and have a couple dozen brain cells to rub together.
0 x

gajop

Post by gajop » 13 Oct 2013, 14:47

varikonniemi wrote:I think this thread is another testament to the fact that Spring needs to stop changing things that are not broken. Seriously.
You can just use old spring versions. That's one of the reasons why static spring builds and multi-engine support was done.
varikonniemi wrote: The first such change i care to point out is in the upcoming 95. Do not stop to look for content in the old locations when the new ones are introduced!!!
Completely off-topic but I kinda agree with this. What if someone actually has non-game mods? And besides, there's no benefit in actually removing it.
0 x

hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui » 14 Oct 2013, 16:03

"game/" support was added years ago, so var.'s statement is factually wrong.
it still could be discussed whether "mods/" support should be kept for longer though.
0 x

SevenArm23

Post by SevenArm23 » 03 Nov 2013, 23:00

When comes the new MA version out??
0 x

SevenArm23

Post by SevenArm23 » 11 Dec 2013, 22:41

Too bad that it was not anything made :( :( :(
0 x

Return to “Game Development”