Help with Buildscript, pretty please?

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

zalpha

Post by zalpha »

I have banged my head on this one for a while I'm trying to get the "building" (planet) to build one type of unit (Crystalline Small Transport). Once I figure that out, I have eleven more Crystalline unites ready, and five additional sides ready to go before I do some serious coding. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hangup is on the build feature.

Any thoughts?
Attachments
novaastrumhelp.sdz
Game file
(9.41 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Re: Help with Buildscript, pretty please?

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Besides your factory missing a yard map, the infolog reveals that the factory is trying to build a unit that doesn't exist. You're telling it to build cstrans, but the unit is called cstransport.
string yardmap Default: ""
Used to determine a structure from a mobile unit. A string of characters which defines in detail each 'footprint square' of the structure. Each footprint square may be:
y - 'Yard' - Always open, unblocking,
c - 'Construction' - Open and unblocking only while constructing (for factories, controlled via COB.YARD_OPEN see Animation-LuaCallouts#Other),
i - 'Inversed Construction' - Closed and blocking only while constructing (for factories, controlled via COB.YARD_OPEN see Animation-LuaCallouts#Other) (New in version 89.0),
g - 'Geothermal' - Flags that the unit must be placed over a geoThermal feature, does not actually count as a square,
o - 'Obstacle' - Always closed, blocking, all other chars are treated the same way.
Tip: 'Draw' out the yardmap over multiple lines. As of 89.0 all whitespace characters are ignored, including newlines.
From the wiki on yardmaps. Hope this helps :)
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

zalpha

Post by zalpha »

Brilliant. Those were the issues, and now I can move on to more ships! Twelve ships in, sixty to go.

Return to “Game Development”