The aGorm can't code well Thread - Page 3

The aGorm can't code well Thread

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: The aGorm can't code well Thread

Post by Forboding Angel »

Is this the part where I mention that my shit works?

Do whatever you want.
smoth

Post by smoth »

His error was unrelated to what you suggested forb.

I'd love to see an example of the error you are talking about though because I have yet to see it.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Well what happened to me what, I was fiddling around with making the unitdef in evo better sorted.

By that I mean just proper indentions, easy to read, taking out BS tags, etc. Well, part of that was I noticed that on my build lists, all of the trailing commas were missing. I thought that was rather strange (because I'd always seen it up to that point with a trailing comma). As far as I can tell, the trailing comma in lua is treated similar to a semicolon in php (e.g. Line termination ... <?php echo = "My ass is on fire!"; ?> ).

I realize now that commas aren't really used that way in lua (in fact, lua doesn't really seem to have any terminators which is really strange to me), but at the time I decided that not having the trailing comma was a fuckup, so I added it. All of a sudden, on the build menus only the first item would show up unless I removed the trailing comma. So I filed it away under weird spring shit and more or less forgot about it. Removing the trailing comma fixed it.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I was more talking about the feature placer issue.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

same thing actually, except only the first feature in the array was being placed.

Return to “Game Development”