whats the license of E&E models ? - Page 2

whats the license of E&E models ?

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Cheesecan

Re: whats the license of E&E models ?

Post by Cheesecan »

E&E cheesecanism: Expend energy on & Estrange
Senna

Post by Senna »

smoth wrote:Senna, your english is hard to follow. What are you trying to say, what links do you have to prove your accusations etc?
Sorry for my english,

But u dont need to prove it ive been playing TheMoonProject an earth2150 expansion online earthnet server since 2001 were Fanger worked on it
and i well know they are completely unfriendly of source share

about link u can see them on http://surrim.de
download an opx mod and then look at the meshes and textures inside it
and compare them, u will see they are the same, even the names
smoth

Post by smoth »

You seemed to indicate that fang was involved with them
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

--
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

@Senna I am really not at all sure what you are on about sir. I have never modded 2150 or the moon project, nor have I worked with anyone to do so. I maybe played 1 or 2 actual multiplayer games online in 2150 or the moon project. So honestly I think you are mistaking me for some other person from that community.

As far as using my models for some other shit.. I have stated and will continue to state this, that you cannot do this and I will loudly and with great drama show up to protest you if you do. If someone were to use my stuff, that would preclude me from every using my stuff and hence I would have to start over from scratch. Dont argue with me that this is not the case cause that would be complete BS. Any who regardless of all that if you wanted EE to stick around and not disappear to a early death you all should have been more supportive and helpful when I was working on it and it was on track (this comment completely excludes smoth who was extremely helpful all the damn time). I might come back sometime and work on EE, but IF I did so I would likely do so under some alias with a different name and rename everything else to avoid having people all tainted with some preexisting notions about this that and other stuff.

TLDR: NO Im not who senna thinks I am, NO you cant use my models, and NO I dont feel bad, also pajamas..
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Less Q.Q more pew pew. :roll: :regret:
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Fanger wrote:Any who regardless of all that if you wanted EE to stick around and not disappear to a early death you all should have been more supportive and helpful when I was working on it and it was on track (this comment completely excludes smoth who was extremely helpful all the damn time).
Come back and make E&E. I can help if you need lua, a lobby or maps. I can also do simple models like square tanks and buildings.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

This wasnt the true Fanger- this was an imposter, i dont want to point any sockpuppets on smurfin people, that wouldnt be smoth. Real Fang would have checked out the new lobby, the moderate success others had- and would give EE another try.

So ignoring the smurf, EE models are basically free for everyone?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

You neglected to read Fang's location line. Regardless, he is the real Fang.

While I disagree with his pessimistic evaluation of his fans - Decimator, Forboding, Chapparal, Egarwaen, Peet, DasBruce, Wasp and Lurker should at least be held in greater esteem - I will protect and enforce his rights and accept his decisions.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Fanger wrote:@Senna I am really not at all sure what you are on about sir. I have never modded 2150 or the moon project, nor have I worked with anyone to do so. I maybe played 1 or 2 actual multiplayer games online in 2150 or the moon project. So honestly I think you are mistaking me for some other person from that community.

As far as using my models for some other shit.. I have stated and will continue to state this, that you cannot do this and I will loudly and with great drama show up to protest you if you do. If someone were to use my stuff, that would preclude me from every using my stuff and hence I would have to start over from scratch. Dont argue with me that this is not the case cause that would be complete BS. Any who regardless of all that if you wanted EE to stick around and not disappear to a early death you all should have been more supportive and helpful when I was working on it and it was on track (this comment completely excludes smoth who was extremely helpful all the damn time). I might come back sometime and work on EE, but IF I did so I would likely do so under some alias with a different name and rename everything else to avoid having people all tainted with some preexisting notions about this that and other stuff.

TLDR: NO Im not who senna thinks I am, NO you cant use my models, and NO I dont feel bad, also pajamas..

well sorry if im wrong but phalynx told me back on days he made for spring a mod like earth2150, and named as Fanger,

Well only if he was lieing abou, but to mutch coincidence thought
smoth

Post by smoth »

There is no conspiracy. Fang is not the same guy.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I see a slight stylistic resemblance, which makes sense as both projects are inspired by the same games. That said, the models and textures are completely distinct - different resolutions/poly counts, different texturing styles, different detail model elements.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

It just seems such a shame to see all that great stuff sit forgotten and unused - but Fanger made it, that's his prerogative.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Some of us weren't merely just fans either...
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

I didnt intend to offend anyones pride. I greatly enjoyed playing with the group of people who helped me in the beginning, Forb, Deci, many others who I dont really remember at this point. However after that group more or less broke apart after my absence I recived very little support upon my return from the general community. So I generally find it silly when people start these sorts of threads (which J5mello takes great pleasure in keeping me informed of) saying all sorts of flowery crap about how the models look good, or the game was fun or some other nonsense. When all I got from anyone not part of my old crew when I was actually working on the mod was about how the gameplay was awful and imbalanced and the models all looked the same and the textures were too blurry or busy. Frankly just give it a rest, I would be willing to bet good money that if I did come back and attempt to put my mod out there once again I would receive the same reception I received right before I left for a last time. Nothing but derision and apathy. You dont actually like my models stop thinking you do and may your own stuff you dont need my shoddy work to make some throwaway mod people will hate after about a week when the newness wears off.
knorke

Post by knorke »

I recived very little support upon my return from the general community.
Just some posts further up Cheesecan offered you help but you did not even respond? (at least not in this thread)

Well anyway, while the e&e models were not totally bad I think some people overestimate their use for other projects. ie look at how fast Mr Bob redid the BA models:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=24689
4 Months or so from "nothing" to "finished models+texture"

Basically a "model base for future game devs" is not needed, all the new projects that come up/try to come up already have their models.
With all the new projects there is a surplus of models but lack of scripts/general spring knowledge.
(ie look Evo Dune: http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=72 )
And if you need some models really quick you might as well uses TA models, cubes or kaisers legos.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

knorke wrote:
I recived very little support upon my return from the general community.
Just some posts further up Cheesecan offered you help but you did not even respond? (at least not in this thread)
I was refering to previous to this knorke not now, but I already knew youd take a hostile tone. The reason I havent replied is because I no longer remember how to mod spring or model, The engine has changed so radically since I left that I would probably have to relearn half of everything from scratch, and on top of that I simply do not have the time to invest dozens of man hours per day editing text files, modeling and texturing. So while I thank cheesecan for his show of support I still hold true that this sort of crap did not exist earlier all I got was people like you knorke who just gave me shit for every idea I tried to implement instead of any useful constructive comments..
smoth

Post by smoth »

C'mon fang you know miss my southern voice
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

actually man I do greatly miss hanging out with you and the other guys on vent/ts/tt back in the good old days.. good times, good times..
smoth

Post by smoth »

You could always get on the new VoIP but I would try and suck you back into spring :p

Return to “Game Development”