Advanced BA - Where are based the people, doing that

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

tacho

Post by tacho »

... I see a server for it time to time, but usually nobody there.
Deadnight Warrior

Re: Advanced BA - Where are based the people, doing that

Post by Deadnight Warrior »

There is no server for it nor an autohost.
tacho

Post by tacho »

I mean they should have a site, or section at this portal, or at least a topic somewhere.
Deadnight Warrior

You can reach me either on forum PM or #advba channel in lobby. There's a dev site with links to stable and beta releases, and some other usefull stuff.

Occasionally an autohost pops out, but gets removed shortly thereafter. IIRC Grimshad said something about hosting an autohost, but you'll have to ask him about those intentions.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

I don't believe those involved gave permission or received credit for the use of CORESY, ARMESY, ARMTRMPH, CORTYRNT, ARMHCAR, or CORHCAR. These units are not released as single units on unituniverse and were original content ripped directly from older versions of TA:Escalation/TAWP/Talon. Although I understand that you might have ripped these out of another Spring mod such as Tech Annihilation which stole content first-hand.

Just fyi, the practice of ripping content from TA mods is widespread in spring. I guess plagiarism is the highest form of flattery lol.
Deadnight Warrior

If I did forgot to credit anyone I appologize. There are so many TA mods from before 2001 laying on my HDD that I just can keep a clear overview of who made what. And yes, the units you cited are from TA:WP, and IIRC zwzsg was one of the guys in that team. As I don't remember others.

I do have a credits.txt naming all the people included and have a disclamer about those that I forgot isn't on purpose. I usually try to give credit where credit is due.

Now that you mentioned Tech Annihilation, they took those units from me after I ripped them from TA:WP and adjusted them for Spring.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

zwzsg is not very involved in TAWP, TAWP and TA:Escalation is being made by Wotan and me. TAWP is not a mod that died prior to 2001, it started in like 2005 or 06 and is still ongoing in the form of TA:Escalation 2 3. Of the units you took, CORESY is still being used, ARMTRMPH is an older version of the Arm Victory Dreadnaught, CORTYRNT is an older version of the Core Tyrant Dreadnaught, ARMHCAR and CORHCAR are deprecated versions of the super carriers which have been reimplemented, ARMESY is a deprecated version of the Experimental Shipyard.

If you are in contact with zwzsg, ask him who to credit. I also saw a screenshot of an updated Orcone model belonging to the Excess mod for TA, the maker of which, Vohvelieläin, is still active.

Return to “Game Development”