Spider pack + UH

Spider pack + UH

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

munch

Spider pack + UH

Post by munch »

When you select "UH + Evolva + Spiderpack" as your mod, which version of UH does it use? Does it automaticallly pick up the latest version of UH that you've downloaded, or does it use a fixed version?

Thanks

Munch
FolCan

Post by FolCan »

I would think it uses the older one that was released the same time as the spider pack
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

it uses the really out of date Uberhack4 beta 4.... which kinda sucked really..
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

Acctually, it leeches off a certain file.
munch

Spider pack update

Post by munch »

In that case... can we have an updated spider pack which uses the latest UH? Or even better could we have a script which auto-updates the spider pack to use the latest version. That way you can just re-run the script if a new version of UH comes out.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

that would be nice
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

why don't you just include the spiders in UH itself? i doubt ne1 would complain
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Well at LEast the Spiderpack MOD, just have a multi-mod download like OTA+Better BP+Shineyness
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

There was one thing I always disliked about the Spider Pack...

What about Core?
MrSpontaneous

Post by MrSpontaneous »

Gnome I agree with you entirly, before the spider pack becomes a part of UH (if indeed it does so) I feel there should be another pack for core that celebrates some aspect of its side, in order to even things out.

Also core ALREADY is loosing in the variety race as is in UH. Core has less vehicles and at best about equal K-bots to arm. arm also has more aircraft.

So. . ..maybe some moders should stop obsessing with the clones and help out the machines :P
munch

Krogoth gantry

Post by munch »

Gnome wrote:There was one thing I always disliked about the Spider Pack...

What about Core?
Core already has an extra plant. One of the main points of the spider pack is to have an ARM specific plant in answer to Core's Krogoth gantry.

Core's strength is in big armour units.

ARM's strength is in speed and agility.

It's true that the gantry only produces one kind of unit, but the spider plant wouldn't be much point if it only produced a single kind of spider. To make the all terrain thing work, you need to have all the main classes of unit available as spiders. It's not like you're getting any particularly new stuff, it's just existing stuff with all-terrain capability. Mr K on the other hand is an all singing all dancing wonder unit (well pretty much).

It's not like spiders give you this massive advantage, they just give you an edge on certain types of map. Krogs on the otherhand (especially in UH) give core a very big advantage - they're the only single unit with enough penetrating power to punch through UH defenses.

Cheers

Munch

Return to “Game Development”