Collaborative mod idea, Spring Skirmish - Page 3

Collaborative mod idea, Spring Skirmish

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Google_Frog

Re: Collaborative mod idea, Spring Skirmish

Post by Google_Frog »

Special damages should be avoided if possible, the brawlers in this picture are pretty much all terrain hovercraft and should fly close enough to the ground to be hit (not too accurately) by all ground units.
Well it's possible to avoid them entirely. Also let the Penetrators shoot the Brawlers as I find penes counter slow high hp gunships quite well.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

huh, weird, now i see guessmynames post, which wasnt there before, but not google frogs latest post, which the forum said he had made. I think it cuts out the first post of every new page until the page is completed, then cuts out that new post.

We're going to have to spam this page to completion to see what google said.

Did someone delete a post or something so now all the page/post orders are mismatched? Whats causing this?
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Saktoth wrote:huh, weird, now i see guessmynames post, which wasnt there before, but not google frogs latest post, which the forum said he had made. I think it cuts out the first post of every new page until the page is completed, then cuts out that new post.

Did someone delete a post or something so now all the page/post orders are mismatched? Whats causing this?
Errors in phpbb http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20688
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

I think it was just something about how penetrator is actually pretty good against gunships so it should just have a bad target catergory. Although what kind of noob uses a weapon with >15s reload time on fire-at-will anyway?
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Google_Frog wrote:Although what kind of noob uses a weapon with >15s reload time on fire-at-will anyway?
:(
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Just an update on this as I foolishly said 'a few days' in my first post and have now realised that putting teams of units from a few different sources into one mod and making sure all the weapons, resources and everythign is kosher (without bloat) then integrating them with skirmish and tweaking the stats to have some semblance of balance takes longer than I thought it would!

I've got a Spherebot and Kernel Panic team sorted out now, one more to go then i'll look into procuring an SVN and release revision 0.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

github ftw
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Any progress on this?
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

TheFatController wrote:Woop
As a side note, looks like someone broke the normals on my brawler :sad panda emote:
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Saktoth wrote:
Pxtl wrote:Having samson in there would remove the artillery role from the faction.
I merely mean the model, not the unit. Using the exact unit stats in a different mod would be retarded. s44 vs CA, who will win? Well uh, whoever uses the bigger numbers. Samson already uses a laser and everything, but it would need to be scaled up appropriately. Only problem is the angle of fire wouldnt be the same.
I think stats should be kept as near original as plausible, it'd be nice to have similar micro as in the units main game. Costs are still defined here. Or change some stats about evenly across the whole faction, like making every unit move slower so they compare better with other factions but work pretty similarly in comparison with eachother.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Pressure Line wrote:
TheFatController wrote:Woop
As a side note, looks like someone broke the normals on my brawler :sad panda emote:

wow whats the phallic tank? Penetrator?
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Neuralize wrote:Any progress on this?
I've had a few busy weekends away from home will probably be able to release a demo soon, will try to avoid doing a Caydr.

Also

And in other good news I managed to get hold of emmanuel and have permission to use some of his models for a team which should do his wackyness justice.
smoth

Post by smoth »

neat. If I have the time I might make a faction for this. I have designs sitting around.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

TheFatController wrote:And in other good news I managed to get hold of emmanuel and have permission to use some of his models for a team which should do his wackyness justice.
YOU ARE AWESOME YOU ARE AWESOME YOU ARE AWESOME YOU ARE AWESOME

Can you make 2 teams? one for tutomod one for +war -eco 30unit?

If no, tell me how to make a team plx.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Are those the old bugbomb bugs? IMO the new artillery bugs are much more interesting.

Return to “Game Development”