"Canbuild" Editor?

"Canbuild" Editor?

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

TorenT

"Canbuild" Editor?

Post by TorenT »

I know it's lazy...

Does anyone have/know of a program to modify the canbuild data in the sidedata.tdf file easily.
As of now I have to determine the unit's name and the name of the units I want to have build it which can become tedious.
I remember that TACC (TA:conflict crusher) had a build menu editor, but it doesn't work in XP, and it doens't use the "canbuild" format of spring.
I was hoping that someone had something similar that would work for spring using the "canbuild" (that shows the build pics)

I thought such a program would be really nice for creating new construction units, adding units, and especially adding races.

Thanks in advance
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

Conflict crush DOES work in XP, i've been using it on my XP systems for several years with no compatability options or anything enabled. Are you sure you have the latest version?
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

TACC works on my XP too
TorenT

Post by TorenT »

I got TACC working in XP now, but it doesn't like the files from spring, do I need to change the directory structure of my ufo files for it to work right?
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

That's because in OTA the [canbuild] section was only there for the AI, and was worthless and unused otherwise. Conflict Crusher is only meant to handle TDF and GUI build menu data.

Return to “Game Development”